8.5 options

bad V6

I have a street car that might make 15-20 passes per year. The car weighs 3680 with me in it, and runs low 10's and 60' in the 1.48-1.50 range. Currently the car has a stock rebuilt differential and 28 spline Moser axles. I stepped up to a set of MT Pro drag radials and have done some rear suspension work in an attempt to get the car to 60' more consistently. I would like to see low 1.4 60' and 1/4 mile times in the high 9's. With the car being a street car, maybe 2000 miles/year, I would prefer a limited slip/posi differential over a spool.

I will be staying with the 8.5 rearend, a 9" is not an option. How fast are you running the 30 spline Eaton and Moser axles? I know that it would be safer to run c-clip eliminators, just do not want the hassle of them leaking. What would you recommend?

My old 8.5 had 30 spline axles, Eaton posi, and c clip eliminators. It had years running 10's, 5 years running mid 9's,and 2 years running high 8's. I don't use the transbrake. Right now it is in a high 10 car. No leaks with the c clip eliminators either.

I ordered the Eaton posi, 30 spline Moser axles, and a TA Performance girdle along with other misc items for the install. I think this should be reliable and street worthy for my needs.