83 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser Wagon

marred4life

Banned
so im doing a cutlass wagon:confused: the first time i saw the wagon i fell in love with it, so far the bottom end is complete im waiting for the heads to get finished by GN1PERFORMANCE im getting a full port and polish with matching intake, ill be running a innovative 70 turbo and 60lbs injectors. i still need to get the trans built and find a wiring harness, im wondering if caspers makes a harness that will hook right in with minimal splicing, the only thing that worries me is the junction box located on the drivers side on the lower edge of the fire wall, i dont know what thats for:confused:, i still need to find a rear end also, well here some pictures of the wagon and bottom end..

Attachments

• IMG00022.jpg
    IMG00022.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 3,116
  • IMG00023.jpg
    IMG00023.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 3,005
  • IMG00011.jpg
    IMG00011.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 3,025
  • IMG00013.jpg
    IMG00013.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 3,015
I'll have a complete engine harness and computer ready to go very shortly. LMK if your interested.

If you get a turbo regal ecm & harness that takes care of the motor, if you get a turbo regal dash, dash wiring, fire wall plug's and wires under the hood its all plug and play no splicing. You could use a turbo regal dash and have everything.

My friend Jim has a 80 Malibu wagon for sale, set up ready to go just needs a motor & trans. Here's the link F/S-TURBO WAGON - TurboBuicks.com

What a dumb idea!!

Have you heard that one yet? I heard it alot, but I have one of the coolest cars around. At least I think so.

If you need any info, let me know.
When I did mine, I used a TR dash, dash harness, engine harness, wires going from fuse box to taillights/fuel tank, and some of the taillight wiring. IN fact, I never cut a single wire. I took the TR fuel pump wires and added tehm to the waGoN's taillight harness.
If you are planning on using the 2004r, you will need to add a bracket to the frame to mount the tranny crossbrace. You can cut it off an 84-up G-body, or you can buy one from crossmembers.com.
You will also need to use the TR throttle cable.
I don't know how far along you are, I just thought I'd toss in a little info that I remembered from mine. Good Luck, and have fun with it.

What a dumb idea!!

Have you heard that one yet? I heard it alot, but I have one of the coolest cars around. At least I think so.

If you need any info, let me know.
When I did mine, I used a TR dash, dash harness, engine harness, wires going from fuse box to taillights/fuel tank, and some of the taillight wiring. IN fact, I never cut a single wire. I took the TR fuel pump wires and added tehm to the waGoN's taillight harness.
If you are planning on using the 2004r, you will need to add a bracket to the frame to mount the tranny crossbrace. You can cut it off an 84-up G-body, or you can buy one from crossmembers.com.
You will also need to use the TR throttle cable.
I don't know how far along you are, I just thought I'd toss in a little info that I remembered from mine. Good Luck, and have fun with it.

dude i love your wagon i saw the video you posted on the other site it rocks, thats what motivated me to go with a wagon project.

dude i love your wagon i saw the video you posted on the other site it rocks, thats what motivated me to go with a wagon project.

Thanks, but are you sure it was mine? I haven't posted a video anywhere. Not to say that someone else hasn't.

Oh, and get rid of the slicks. They're too heavy. You'll get that thing to hook with any kind of tire. Check out my sig. The only thing that I have done to the suspension is drag shocks in the front. The rest is factory GM/GN. Wagons hook, plain and simple. Just kidding about getting rid of the fat tires though. They are great when you want to pull a wheel or two.

The El Camino tank won't fit. It's completely different. The El Camino I think has the spare tire behind the seat, but the wagon has it in the back lying flat in it's on compartment. That pushes the gas tank to the driver's side more, making it narrower and deeper. The Elky tank is real wide and shallow.
I took the original tank, and built a little baffle system that I could drop in through the hole, and then drilled a couple of holes in the top to secure it. I then used some gas tank repair epoxy to help secure the bottom. It worked pretty good until the tank started leaking at the seam. I should have used a new on. The next one I did the same thing, and that one works great, but with my car launching as hard as it does I have to run almost half a tank if I'm running the slicks, or I can suck air and that's bad. On the street it isn't as much of an issue. I can get real low before it is a problem.

Last I looked, the tanks were still available from Spectra Premium.

Edit: It is still listed on their web site ecatalogue

From a former Megasquirt (well EMS-Pro) employee with a megasquirted 406 TPI in an 83 Malibu Wagon.
Stock tank is baffled from the factory so that's good for EFI, You need a sender and hangar assembly out of a ~93 TBI G series Chevy Van. Plug the obvious vent line, adjust the float and sender to work like the wagon sender, and add a 90-93 454SS truck EFI pump. Then run the return line and pump power line and you're set.

Oh and I'm joining the wagon crew, 82 Regal Estate Wagon!

just got my rear end and turbo today its a innovative t70 and heres a clip of the grill blacked out ill be sending most of the exterior trim out to get powder coated this week

Attachments

• IMG00038-1.jpg
    IMG00038-1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 2,722
  • IMG00035.jpg
    IMG00035.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 2,713
Nice wagon!

Do you have any updates on this project?

yeah i got the rear installed last saturday its off a gn but i had to have the driveshaft cut but its rolling now, the engine is still the same ill be picking up my heads and intake on the 20th from gn1performance and install that, and i had my stock t/b and plenum ported to 62mm, i still need to have the transmission rebuilt its a 200r4 off a grand national and still need some engine parts, timing cover,headers etc.. and i called caspers electronics and got a estimate on my wiring harness so ill be buying that in a couple months, ill post more pictures once i get the heads and intake.

Did you ever see this crazy pic ?

Attachments

• 01010201020201041120080128db0a8971ae8f1028ee00994f.jpg
    01010201020201041120080128db0a8971ae8f1028ee00994f.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 2,587