83 "rebuild"

turboclam

Hello, finally freshening up the T-type after owning for 19 years. Thought I'd share some pics of the process.
Some of the pics are out of order. I'm very pleased with the quality of Spoolfool's fillers and will check fitment next week. I'm ordering new weatherstripping and all body bushings. Also will be ordering a....gulp...Hartline hood. Looking forward to getting Mclean's qtr, front and rear glass as well. I was fortunate to find a aluminum core support for a great price local (original was bent). Thanks
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 220
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 241
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 223
Thanks, it's been a long and expensive experience. Just got the weatherstripping in today from Summit. They carry the Metro brand at a good price. Kirban is sending the full body bushing kit. Purchased a TR6 from Bailey along with the coil pack and Magnecore wires. I ordered a new Casper's under-hood wiring harness that should be in this week. I sent a deposit in for a Vintage Air unit from Arizona GN that I'm excited about. The painter is the shop owner and he's painted a few cars for Year One. They're really doing a nice job. Hope to shoot some more pics this week.

Around $7-800. I actually got the unused harness from the for sale section for a great price. Surprisingly Summit carries the harnesses too for a little price break if I recall. Forgot to mention that I converted this car to fuel injection about 8 years ago. The harness is stand alone for a FAST XFI system.

may i ask how you you converted it? or direct me to somewhere i can research this? i've been searching.

thank you,

I got a dash wiring harness from a board member and changed it out. I also initially purchased a used under hood wiring harness. It's really not a bad swap. It can be overwhelming but take it one thing at a time. Shop around and you can find some good deals. Easiest would be to buy a donor car but not necessary. I'll be happy to help with any questions.

Looks good. Looks like it has been guide coated, block sanded, and sealed. Black is a lot of work, but it sure looks good when done right.

Thanks e02, how's your truck running?

All of Kirban's body bushings are in and made a world of difference. Also started using some of the stainless bolts that GNS supplies for the inner fenders. I should have a Hartline hood this week.

Here's some update pics...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The truck is running great. I ran it in the early spring, same times as the old engine, but with a mild tune on a 125 shot. I think I have my detonation problem solved, and my 60 foot time is .20 lower with the Caltrac traction bars. I moved it up to a 150 shot now. It's been too hot to go to the track all summer, but I'll run it again in the fall. Down here, that means November. I have 2 spare 4.1 blocks now just in case I over do it. Your car is looking good. Can't wait to see how that Stage II runs.

A few updates and pics. Received the Vintage Air unit today and will post pics maybe next week. Trying to find stainless bolts for the wheel wells and for the A/C unit. Should be getting the hood tomorrow hopefully. I'm thinking of using the original 83 tail lights. I think they look cleaner vs the later set with the black bar.

image.jpg

image.jpg

A little progress.

Got a used Hartline hood off of Bill's light blue T from Champion Racing. Finally getting everything to line up.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks, getting excited with the progress. Hood was blocked again and the wheel wells were installed. They're checking the fit on the header panel again and it'll be blocked next.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here's a motor pic...

View attachment 204766

image.jpg