84(?) Sfi Turbo T Regal Two Tone

turbomatt

I saw this on craig's list. I am not intrested in it at all. I did not call on it and I do not know any further details.

It appears though that someone left the vehicle in storage and now the storage is selling it off.

Posted here as I thought for the right price it may be a decent project car. I am off for the weekend coming up and would go and look it over for some one that was very serious about buying. It is in my area. PM me.

I am no expert but on appearances it may be newer than an 84. I believe that the third brake light was added in 86. SFI badging may also mean something.

1984 Buick 3.8 SFI Turbo Race Car

i called and they said the guy loooked off the vin and said it was an 84 and you only get a bill of sale and from personal experance its a real pain to get a title for it and in most states you will get a salvage title that says it was abandoned

i called and they said the guy loooked off the vin and said it was an 84 and you only get a bill of sale and from personal experance its a real pain to get a title for it and in most states you will get a salvage title that says it was abandoned

I agree, this is not good. They should have applied for the title before they tried to sell it. Oh well i guess some lucky scrap yard will probably end up with this. No one will want it without a clear title.

Something tells me that it is an 87 "t" too.

Did they say what they wanted for it?

Yeah, and most junk yards will not even take a frame or body without a title even if you part it out, you're stuck.

Definitely an '87 if it is a vin 7 turbo car as the other year T-Types were all black out trim WO2.

Nice looking but no engine?
I wouldn't give more then $1500 but I'm not going to the auction.

It is a designer paint car also only in '87 on a TR.

After doing some thinking guys, buyer beware on this one.

First off have the vin check through law enforcement to make sure this vehicle is not stolen or wanted.

Secondly I am not sure of the legality of selling a car that someone has left at the location. Maybe the owner also has a debt that is unpaid and they are recouping that debt by selling the vehicle. It seems to me the legitimate way of selling this would be to apply for a title with the state and then to sell it. The way it is now they are auctioning it off and at some point down the road after the winner has the car the original owner could challenge ownership. Or worse say that the vehicle was stolen. I do not think you can auction a car off without owning it first as the storage facility is doing.

Alot of storage places make you sign a contract stating if items are left behind for 'X' amount of days they have the right to sell or claim ownership to it.

When and where is the auction i may check it out i live in the area see what i can come up with...

Matt, where did you see the pics & craiglist info? The link has been flagged.
1984 Buick 3.8 SFI Turbo up for auction!
A 1984 Buick 3.8 SFI Turbo is up for auction at 1-800-Mini-Storage

* Several notable ad-ons such as roll cage & modified gas tank*

PLEASE NOTE: The body looks to be in great shape, but there is no engine

Would be a perfect & unique project car

Date: March 4, 2009 @ 10:00 AM

For more information contact
1-800-646-4786
info@800ministorage.com

1-800-MINI-STORAGE
26660 Greenfield Road
Oak Park, MI 48237

1-800-MINI-STORAGE

High bidder will get a bill of sale only. IF this car is titled as a 1984 and is a 1987 the high bidder has a very good chance that the car could be taken and go back to the TRUE OWNER of the car .

I have a friend goin to check it out for me as im in atlanta at the moment and dont know if ill be back or not but he needs a rearend for his monte and i got a regal with a brand new 400 horse small block chevy in addition to my 87gn but the roof is t top and rotted so are the rockers in the front i cut the t top roof section off a junkyard car bit it will be a pita to fix right i need a t top shell this may be what the doctor ordered does anyone know where all the vin tags are besides the door and trunk i wanna check it out and make sure there arent any other mismatching vins elsewhere before i try to buy it and cross my fingers that the storage didnt know what they are talkin about if they all match..A friend of mine had a storage at that place and lets just say they arent the brightest bunch....

Wow! Nice price for a rare two-tone 1987. I wanted to go and bid but all the issues of is it an 84 or 87?, kept me away. Too far of a drive to come home empty handed. Wonder if one of the board members got this piece?