86 3.8 in a 67 Chevy II , wiring questions

GN&aTY

I bought a GN today to part out and put the motor/ Trans in a 67 Chevy II Nova , anyone who has done a conversion into an older car out there? My main concern is the wiring , I figure the computer harness should come out of the GN , but what other electrical nightmares should I be prepared for? Is the SFI wiring totally seperate from the basic car wiring ? or will this be a relatively simple plug and play project?

swap

yes, harness and ECM...

man, another one lost to a swap (insert military bugle sound here). :(

JC
LSM

Yes it is independant, also this has been done before by someone out east, I cant remember the name of the guy? ANYONE out there know who did it??

Phil

Steve Kaminski has done a bunch of them. He used to do them for Jim D of 1/4 mile performance.

If you have the $$$ I highly recommend buying one of John Spina's universal GN wiring harnesses. It is a brand new harness with everything labeled. The only soldering connections are on the ignition switch (about 3 of them) and everything else is literally plug and and play. You can install this harness in about 3-4 hours and be running. $600 is the cost I think.
http://www.casperselectronics.com

I have one and it made the wiring part of the swap easy as pie. Better than tracing every wire in the stock harness and figuring out what you don't need.

You will have a stand alone harness for the GN and then to get the rest of your electrical working you will have to have a wire from the back of the alternator going to your main fuse box.

Also check out the hybrid section on http://www.turbobuicks.com

GNX7

Sounds like its not too bad to do , last thing I need to check on is the clearance for the 200r4 , I really want the 4 speed auto , (I Just hope it will fit) otherwise I will use a B.O.P turbo350 .. thank you to everyone pointing me to the proper resources , I think with all the other obstacles , Im going to use the casper wiring kit to eliminate that stress from the project.

aand dont feel bad about loosing another Gn to a swap .. I wouldnt do it if it wasnt a rot box... floors , softball size holes in the quarters ... nose is the only good sheet metal , and the t tops leaked so bad.. he siliconed them shut ... Car Lived on the Jersey shore all its life.. Ortley Beach and Toms River.

Check other board, guy has a GN motor in a 66.
Check under chips.