86 buick gn for sale

adcgn45

i have a 86 buick gn with 120k original miles ther car is very nice and well taken care of.problem is the crank snapped and i have decided to sell the car make offers. call 703 732 9530 for more info.

Attachments

• grand national.jpg
    grand national.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,777
  • gn new turbo.jpg
    gn new turbo.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,663
i was thinking since i was going to ask for 14000 obo when it ran. with it needing a 2000 dollar job to get it back where it was id like to get around 9000.

with the way things are today these cars u can get in clean shape
(needing a little TLC) running and driving (90-120k miles) for $6500 - $8000 bucks
yours needs paint-body (3000.00 its black) and a motor rebuild (3000.00) = 6000.00 + 2500.00 = 8500.00 your ahead of the game !!!!

Looks like a decent car. I would think atleast $6500+ range. List options, mods, what other things the car needs and maybe a few more pics will help you get some reasonable offers. Good luck!

insane v6, it doesn't look like this car needs paint? Also, most running good condition GN's that need a little work are still fetching good money even with the market down.

i can part out my car and make more than 2500 ,seriously

I back you 100%. Don't take no lowball offers like that. I can't believe people even would offer you that kind of money. I've seen WRECKED cars go for 5-7k recently. You people are out of your minds. I understand the economy sucks but at least show some respect for people that are trying to sell stuff. It isn't easy when you are trying to sell stuff nowadays...:mad:

FWIW... I bought my car for $8000 with 66,000 miles and a fresh motor & trans.

No flames intended at all, but $9000 for a car with 120k miles and a broken crank is completely unrealistic. I think $4500-6500 is about all you could get for it... if you are lucky.

Times are tough as hell right now.
A buddy of mine just sold a MINT 87 T for $12,500... that car was showroom perfect, and had 10-sec timeslips with it.

Personally, I think you should just keep your car and fix it.

I know it can be frustrating when something breaks... and your first knee-jerk reaction is to sell... but trust me... you'll never get what you want for a broken car.

For one, GNs bring more money than Ts or T-Types. For two, the closer your car is to original the better. Highly modified cars don't bring nearly as much as a bone stock car even if it has high miles on it. It shows the car was never beaten or driven hard if it is bone stock. Another thing, moonroof cars are SUPPOSED to bring more money. I'm just sayin...I can't believe someone would offer $2500 or $3500 for that car. And you guys wonder why more and more of these cars are being parted out. THIS IS WHY:(

For one, GNs bring more money than Ts or T-Types. For two, the closer your car is to original the better. Highly modified cars don't bring nearly as much as a bone stock car even if it has high miles on it. It shows the car was never beaten or driven hard if it is bone stock. Another thing, moonroof cars are SUPPOSED to bring more money. I'm just sayin...I can't believe someone would offer $2500 or $3500 for that car. And you guys wonder why more and more of these cars are being parted out. THIS IS WHY:(

NO its the other way around people part there cars because they think are GOLD !! (1987 grand national fender $250.00 -1987 buick regal fender $80.00 bucks) its the same thing. and most of u will pay that BECAUSE U DONT ANY BETTER ( if they were cheep there would be more around ) all im saying is its not worth 9000.00 grand to me!! if u do your homework and look outside the box there are a lot of ( GN'S ) for sale that u dont have to sell your first born to buy.

I paid 10,000$ for my car around 3 years ago... Bone stock, 89,000k miles. You don't even want to know how much I've spent on this car:eek:

I paid $10,500 for my 87 back in 1997 with 26K bone stock original miles fully loaded. I have easily spent $50K over the years on it with various combos. I bought my 86 that I am now selling back in March for $9,000 with 128K miles bone stock. I understand this car in question has a broke crank but for crying out loud the rest of the car HAS to be worth more than $5-7K. You can throw in a bone stock replacement motor in it for less than $2K and you are up and running again. I just don't understand why a car loses so much value if it has something wrong with it that can be easily fixed. You shouldn't be even owning or buying one of these cars if you don't have any auto mechanic skills or knowledge. Its not like these cars are brand new anymore where there isn't a FLAW on the car. What do you expect for a 25 year old piece of history? People expect too much for less than nothing anymore. That's why we are in this mess in the first place. More lowballers out there than ever before:mad:

I paid $10,500 for my 87 back in 1997 with 26K bone stock original miles fully loaded. I have easily spent $50K over the years on it with various combos. I bought my 86 that I am now selling back in March for $9,000 with 128K miles bone stock. I understand this car in question has a broke crank but for crying out loud the rest of the car HAS to be worth more than $5-7K. You can throw in a bone stock replacement motor in it for less than $2K and you are up and running again. I just don't understand why a car loses so much value if it has something wrong with it that can be easily fixed. You shouldn't be even owning or buying one of these cars if you don't have any auto mechanic skills or knowledge. Its not like these cars are brand new anymore where there isn't a FLAW on the car. What do you expect for a 25 year old piece of history? People expect too much for less than nothing anymore. That's why we are in this mess in the first place. More lowballers out there than ever before:mad:

Agreed! That pretty much sums it up right there. I have a really nice low mile bone stock GN with amazing paint I am going to be selling and I haven't even listed it yet because I don't want to deal with the lowball vultures.

adcgn45, Good luck with the sale!

LOOK OUT SIDE THE BOX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1987 Regal T-Type Grand National 3.8L Turbo - $2000 (Athens, AL)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-36mzt-1099887930@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-30, 7:18PM CDT

This is a 1987 Buick Regal T-Type. It has the 3.8L Turbo motor. The engine is blown but may be repairable. The transmission has been replaced with the a trubo 350. 2 performance chips come with it. Also 2 brand new drag slicks on Centerline ultralight quarter hole racing wheels. Contact info: Rick 256-230-5835

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1099887930

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2009 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

Ya ok........NOT a GRAND NATIONAL.........doesn't have the correct transmission........we don't have pics or know the condition of it........probably beat to hell............get my drift???

thanks

i just wanted to say thanks for the support .i was getting upset for minute there.
the only reason i decided to sell this car is because i couldnt find a decent engine and i dont have the time to rebuild mine.
the car is my daily driver so time was the crucial key.
but for 25 or 3500 ill sit on it,hell i can sell the new turbo and a few other things off it and make that kind of money.
to hell with all you lowballers.lol