86 GN TSO/TSM legal race car.ROLLING CHASSIS

EightSecV6

MDBL
I have had it will all the Buick drama on these boards and at the events and I am officially stepping out! (well not really:D :D I have 2 other projects cooking and I need to move something and the blue car is the most likely candidate!) What you get is a purpose built race car that leaves hard and drives straight. The car weighs 2910 without driver, it has 420# ballast (lead weight bars bolted in per NHRA rules). 3560# with me in it and 3 gals of fuel to make TSM weight.These bars are movable and removable depending on track conditions or class you are racing.Clear title and street legal.

Body:
-Dupont base/clear paint
-new GM headlight bezels,87 grill, all GM weatherstripping,fiberglass front and rear bumpers and glass hood
-new GM door handles
-power windows and locks
-F Body aluminum radiator with factory coolant fan
-PTE front mount that I added another core to in order to get it to the bottom of the core support per TSM rules.
-complete 3.5" custom exhaust that exits behind the pass side rear tire
-aluminum fuel cell and all plumbing (no pump)
-Optima red top battery and Flaming River disconnect

Suspension:
-Wilwood front and rear race brakes and Mopar manual master cyl
-Hurst line lock
-Southside Machine upper and lower control arms
-Anderson Performance track locater/preload bar
-Comp Eng shocks front and rear
-Bell Tech 2" drop spindles
-Eibach rear lowering springs
-Factory 8.5 rear with 33 spline axles and spool, 5/8 drive studs, Richmond 4.10 gear set and T/A girdle and 1350 yoke
-Weld drag lite wheels 15x10 rear and Magnum 2.0 fronts with M/t 28x10.5 and MT front runners. Frame is notched and tires ar UNDER the car, it sits low like a race car is supposed to! 7 passes on tires
-10 point chromoly cage, certified to 8.50, installed correctly (no body buckle or dents on the launch!)
-control arm mounts are reinforced and gusseted
-air bags are in the car but not used
-stock front suspension with power steering
-Gforce window net and 5 point harness
-HD 3" driveshaft with solid 1350 joints in front and rear and th400 slip yoke

Interior:
-new JAX seat covers on front and rear and door panels
-new carpet
-factory console with B&M reverse pattern shifter
-Custom Perf Inst dash with ultra lite gauges (tach, speedo, oil, water, volts boost and oil temp)

Electronics:
-all wiring stays with car including XFI harness (set up for IPU distributor and crank trigger)
-MSD 7al2
-MSD Pro Power coil
-MSD 2 step and RPM switch
-all wiring complete for fuel pump,fan,trans brake line loc and vac pump

This is not a backyard built hack job, it is about as nice as you will find. The car has run a best of 9.53 at 143 (light) and 9.64 at 142 in TSM trim with the small (209) engine. The trans broke in BPG this year preventing us from running a better number but it went 9.71 at 140.6 on a mild tune. The car will 60ft. in the high 1.30s at nearly any track and it is consistant.I won 2 of the 3 Buick TSM events I attended last year and got runner up twice in the local 9.50 index class (16 car fields), car is proven to leave,drive straigt and win. It may sound a little "pricey" compared to other cars of this type but side by side it will be tough to find a roller to compare it to. Over $5k was spent on paint and body alone. Shoot me an email or PM with any questions as I am sure I am forgetting something! You need an engine,trans and fuel pump.
$13k for everything or if you want more or less of it we can negotiate.

Attachments

• launch.jpg
    launch.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 759
damn that is one sweet ride. i need a new job. i would love to have this car. good luck on the sale.

:cool:

Attachments

• BillIE.jpg
    BillIE.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 579
  • BillIE1.jpg
    BillIE1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 577
  • BillIE2.jpg
    BillIE2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 577
  • BillIE3.jpg
    BillIE3.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 579
  • BillIE4.jpg
    BillIE4.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 575
Beautiful car trade for stage 2 motor....don't tempt me

What is an Anderson Performance track locater/preload bar???

Beautiful car trade for stage 2 motor....don't tempt me

What is an Anderson Performance track locater/preload bar???

John, it is a light weight bar we build for Gbody cars that preloads the suspension and eliminates the need for an anti-roll bar and air bags. Same bar we use on Avon and Jeff's TSO cars that will 60ft in the high 1.20's low 1.30's in TSO trim. It is for 1/4 mile use only.

John, it is a light weight bar we build for Gbody cars that preloads the suspension and eliminates the need for an anti-roll bar and air bags. Same bar we use on Avon and Jeff's TSO cars that will 60ft in the high 1.20's low 1.30's in TSO trim. It is for 1/4 mile use only.

Thanks Bill, this sounds like the Wolfe Bar that I am used to.
I would love to see a picture some day.
Congratulations on the sale of your car.
I hope this puts the TTA closer to being finished.

Bill

Are you still wanting to sell your race car as a rolling chassis you had for sale back in March? I am very interested is a tube chassis car. Please let me know. If it is not for sale maybe you know of another one that is.

Car

SOLD tonight!!!!!! Thanks for the ad TB.com!!!

Bill, it is sad you are selling the car. I hope you don't step out on Buicks, we need good vendors like you around.

It didn't take long to sell the car, a great deal for somebody and just re-inforces my feelings how there are still guys that will buy quality and pass up on the "JUNK" like some of the others I have seen.

More than likely you will see it at several events next year in a "different" trim! Thanks for the compliments guys.

six is enough : my tube car has been gone for over a year, sorry. My best advice to you of course is fingine one finished, I have been fighing chassis shops for over 2 years with one of my cars and it STILL isnt finished.

Congrats on the sale Billy:( (I really wanted that car)

Somebody got a NICE race car!

It didn't take long to sell the car, a great deal for somebody and just re-inforces my feelings how there are still guys that will buy quality and pass up on the "JUNK" like some of the others I have seen.

HAHAHA Classic Ted A. right there!

I cant wait for Teds new combo to hit the tracks.
With Strezo Building and Teds tuning tah things will run 8.70s out fo the box.It will be the TSO car to beat fur sure

You are correct Ted, quality sells and the junk SITS!

e-mail sent Ted
:biggrin: