'86 T-type brake conversion to vacuum

ttypetex

Years ago, did this conversion. Think I used a vacuum sys from a regular Regal or Olds. Changed pedal, also. Brakes work, but never have been very good (cannot lock them up).

At the time, I noticed the fluid container front well was larger than rear well. The fluid container is plastic and sits above the mc.

Question: should front brakes line go to front well (larger) or vice versa?

Also, when bled the system, got firm pedal with engine not running. But when running, vacuum lets pedal go much further down. This normal?

I can only help with the last part of your question. Yes, the brake pedal will depress more when on vacuum.
Not sure why your brakes can't lock. I have an '86 and the vac brakes are excellent. I recently fitted a pair of 25% larger front calipers and that really does haul the anchors.
My vac line is taken straight from the ally vac lock on the T/B to the turbo. No T offs.

Years ago, did this conversion. Think I used a vacuum sys from a regular Regal or Olds. Changed pedal, also. Brakes work, but never have been very good (cannot lock them up).

At the time, I noticed the fluid container front well was larger than rear well. The fluid container is plastic and sits above the mc.

Question: should front brakes line go to front well (larger) or vice versa?

Also, when bled the system, got firm pedal with engine not running. But when running, vacuum lets pedal go much further down. This normal?

Each of the orifices for the fittings going into the master cylinder are different sizes. They're not the same, so you can't mix them up. If the master cylinder is free of defects, there's really no reason why you can't lock up the brakes. You didn't say how much you drive the car or how many times you've replaced your pads and shoes. I'd recommend you at least change out the front pads and get yourself some high performance pads like Hawk HPS for example. The pads may be your problem. Pads today are junk, don't stop your car, unless you go the extra expense and buy high performance pads. I just experienced this problem when I installed LS1 12" brakes on my GN. I paid $45 for shoes at autozone and they wouldn't lock up on hard stops. Did nothing but buy the Hawk brakes and the car pulls down from speed like no car I ever drove.

i should ad that i also replaced all rear brae hardware inc drums. The aluminium drums on the car had warped and gone oval! Not much brake shoe contact going on. Essentially, I now have all new brakes and they work great.