87 GN Front Spring Replacements

737cmh

Hi...wondering if anyone could suggest a source for springs that can alleviate the problem of tires rubbing the fender liner when going over slight dips. Perhaps even from another GM application. I've got Moog stock replacements right now but they made no difference. The car uses 255/45/17 tires currently & although the previous tires were similar at 255/50/16 there was a time when no rubbing would occur with those tires & the previous springs before they wore out & sagged from age. thanks!

Win

I have the same size tire on the front of my car and had the same problem when I cut a 1/2 coil off the front springs to get the right stance;) . I changed my front shocks to a set of Bilstiens and removed the top center 10mm bolt that holds the inner fender and outer fender together and the problem was gone.

Thanks for the responses...the difference with my car is my springs aren't cut so u'd figure this shouldn't happen anyway. I used to have Bilsteins myself & the problem did not occur in the beginning. The shock eventually wore out & that may have coincided to when the problem began. I have those QA1 adjustable shocks now but the setting is set in mid range. Wondering if the max setting for stiffness would help fix this problem? I was initially told by someone it wouldn't be the shocks...