87 GN vs 87 lx 5.0

vettekilr

"NO its not a MONTE"
I have a friend that has a 91 stang,and we always got the GM vs ford thing going on,but yesterday was it,this is where i need some help,i need to show proof that in 87 the gn was faster than the 87 lx i know it was,i just need to prove it .Also i need to prove that the FBI used the cars also.He said that the FBI would never use a car that handles like the trs.So if someone knows where on the intrrnet i can obtain this info it would really help to shut this guy up.BTW we lined up at the track ONCE my 12.86 beats his 15.10(he doesnt talk much about that).THANX

There is an article that some people link some times that is an article from Carcraft magazine in july 95.Maybe someone can come up with the link,but i have the whole article here in front of me.
The first baseline times showed the mustang .1 quicker--BUT the MPH(96 vs. 93) and the few mods they did and documented really showed the buick kicking a##.At the end of the article---with the same money spent--it showed the buick going 12.86 and the ford going 13.19--with more boost to turn up in the buick.

Hopefully someone will come up with the link to that article.

Geoff

Jim Accardi (aka Vsix on here) has an 86 T Type that was a former FBI car. It is tan with a cloth bench seat and column shifter.
It has the rifle pouch in the headliner. Pretty neat car.

Originally posted by vettekilr
...i need to show proof that in 87 the gn was faster than the 87 lx i know it was,i just need to prove it ...

Look for a video called "Musclecar Nationals '87"
its got a bunch of gn's vs. gn's, tr's, vette's, 5.0's
they race in pure stock class.

look up bo1 or b01 you will find some gn cop car pictures from back in the day, aso check out the image section of bgnra.org :D

Didn't Car and Driver name the G/N as their fastest car tested in 87'?
It even out ran the Vette.
As to the FBI thing,I think Kirban metions that fact in his book on G/N's.
They had a slightly different chip with the speed limiter removed.:D

i got a picture of Vsix's FBI car....here----> http://community.webshots.com/photo/70387916/72152219XgRVzT

and...
http://community.webshots.com/photo/72149275/72150017dGZSYZ

theres no documentation that its an FBI car there, just 2 pictures I have from last month.....

i have read plenty of articles from late 80's putting the GN, LX/GT, GTA/Camaro's against each other....and in about 90% of them the GN came out on top and there were a few I can remember where the LX/GT did acutally win in 1/4 mile but the GN is definatly much faster.....and those arguments w/ stubborn mustang fans are useless...just nod and say uh huh uh huh mustangs are sooo cool your right....its no use even arguing w/ him....even if you prove it hell pull sometihng like well the '03 Cobra is faster than it or some irrelevant fact to save him and his pathetic mustangs from humiliation

Originally posted by The Radius Kid
Didn't Car and Driver name the G/N as their fastest car tested in 87'?
It even out ran the Vette.

Car and driver didn't test a GN in 1987 other than a GNX. In their '86 test it ran 13.9, which is faster than any stock mustang they ever tested (not counting tuner cars or a 428 CJ / Shelbys) up until the 95 Cobra R (that ran the same :rolleyes: )

FBI cars

I've read in Kirbans book and seen pictures of various GN police cars. Some were drug repos that were used by the police.. fully marked with lights and such. Also, I know there was one in Hawaii that was used (unmarked).

As for FBI cars, send a private message to Carl Ijames, he could tell you about the TR FBI cars.

ID: ijames