87 Grand National

Chevman2448

I got it a couple weeks or so ago. I knew what it was and pretty much what I was getting into by buying it as it was someone else's project. :eek: I have a whole list already made up of what it needs. The past owners said it was built, I wont know for real if it was until I can get it running (I know them so it doesnt really matter). Basically this is what was gone...Plugs, Wires, Alternator (brackets), fuel pump tank and sender, Blow off valve, air intake piping, MAF, adjustable Fuel pressure regulator. Im sure there are other things missing but I only listed the variety of parts needed just to get it running. They also started taking the car apart too. Some interior is taken apart and the front bumper and some other things are taken off. But I have all the parts needed for re-assembly.
From what I see though it seems to have some nice parts on it. Cant wait to get it running!!
2013-11-07_08-47-32_163.jpg 2013-11-07_08-45-06_367.jpg

Looks like a good foundation. I would at this point pull the cover and pan to check the bearings. Will it turn over by hand? Post some details as you work on it.

Turning it over by hand is one of the first things I did before I bought it. It feels normal with no excess bearing movement. I put a set of plugs in it already and it turns over easy with the starter. I can hear compression as well.
Hopefully getting an alternator bracket from a member here so I can put an alternator on it.