87 Limited for sale, needs paint, minor work.

scschneider87

87 Limited for sale. E Tenn. Paint faded, clearcoat gone on hood and trunk. Body solid, no rust or dings, needs bumper fillers. Chrome very good. Just replaced camshift timing gear and decided I don't have the time and energy anymore. Have rebuilt the hydroboost, turbo, exhaust since inheriting from original owner in '00. 185000 miles. Has a full vinyl top in need of replacing. Interior is leather buckets with column shift in very good shape. Carpet in very good shape (always had mats). Column loose, steering wheel ring glued together. $4000 is a steal for this car ! scschneider@att.net

Attachments

• Regal crnr.jpg
    Regal crnr.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 1,873
  • Regal int.jpg
    Regal int.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,861
  • Regal eng.jpg
    Regal eng.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,856
Another indication of where the market of these cars has gone. Two years ago, this car would have gone for twice this price. Looks like I will be pulling mine off the market and waiting for the value to come back. Too bad I don't have the extra cash right now, looks like a buyers market. Free bump, looks like a really nice car with a lot of potential. Love the color combination.

Another indication of where the market of these cars has gone. Two years ago, this car would have gone for twice this price. Looks like I will be pulling mine off the market and waiting for the value to come back. Too bad I don't have the extra cash right now, looks like a buyers market. Free bump, looks like a really nice car with a lot of potential. Love the color combination.

I dont recall many 8,000.00 180K limiteds for sale 2 years ago:confused: Possible some would have been asking that much for them, but its got 180K on it,i highly doubt it would have brought 8K 2 years ago.

The market is down, and yup its a buyers market right now, makes it easy on everyone who is wanting to buy.

I too like the color combo, you dont see that too often.... And its a hard top:cool: very nice!
BW

A couple of years ago, an intercooled Regal could not be had for less than $6k if it ran. I sold my 86T Type for $7000 with 190k on it in less than a week. $4000 used to get you a roller or a worn out hot air.

A couple of years ago, an intercooled Regal could not be had for less than $6k if it ran. I sold my 86T Type for $7000 with 190k on it in less than a week. $4000 used to get you a roller or a worn out hot air.

I can agree with that last part :)

BW

Can you post more pictures, please? Hood, roof, trunk lid, and interior would be helpful, thanks.

'87 Limited more pics

Here you go ! Added right rear which shows trunk lid and faded paint, roof, and side. also the trunk and a rear seat. Sorry to see that its not as strong a sellers market but I am sure that this is a great price for this car.

Attachments

• Regal int back.jpg
    Regal int back.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,588
  • Regal rr.jpg
    Regal rr.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,591
  • Regal trunk.jpg
    Regal trunk.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,572
Stick to your price. Its the right color, and its a limited. Whoever buys it has to promise to remove the dealer installed vinyl roof.;)

here's a bump for ya

Stick to your price. Its the right color, and its a limited. Whoever buys it has to promise to remove the dealer installed vinyl roof.;)

here's a bump for ya

what makes you think it is dealer installed?? it looks factory around the back window and appears to have the right trim on the quarters for the roof.

how about a pic of the trunk sticker.

i have never seen a full roof on one these cars before but i know i don't know everything.

cool car i like it!

what makes you think it is dealer installed?? it looks factory around the back window and appears to have the right trim on the quarters for the roof.

how about a pic of the trunk sticker.

i have never seen a full roof on one these cars before but i know i don't know everything.

cool car i like it!

That's because they never offered a full vinyl roof. I'm pretty sure this goes for all g bodies, not just regals. I looks tacky, but at least its reversable. Could be worse and have an aftermarket pop up sunroof.:eek:

That's because they never offered a full vinyl roof. I'm pretty sure this goes for all g bodies, not just regals. I looks tacky, but at least its reversable. Could be worse and have an aftermarket pop up sunroof.:eek:

looks like mine around the back window where there is normally the aluminum trim.it also has the pot metal trim on the quarter panels and on the panel in between the trunklid and back window.

i recently bought a car with a dealer installed vinyl roof and it had the normal trim on the back window and it had rubber trim where this car has the pot metal???

i admit i never have seen a full top on one these cars but i think it would be very cool if it original.

my car below has a factory half vinyl roof and astro roof.the car forsale looks like mine to me!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn217/ttaowner/P1000184.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn217/ttaowner/P1000185.jpg

notice the rubber trim on the quarter panels trimming the top and aluminum trim around the back window.this definately dealer installed
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn217/ttaowner/85regal005.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn217/ttaowner/85regal006.jpg

HOW ABOUT THAT TRUNK STICKER PICTURE ?

Okay guys be good. My mother had a 70 Cuda, red with a white vinyl roof and we think that she always wanted to recapture that car (can't image with 4 teeanage boys why she ever sold it !). So when the headliner was replaced my father had him put on the vinyl too. Needs to be replaced/removed. Your call. Trunk sticker attached. She knew how to buy them.

Attachments

• Regal options.jpg
    Regal options.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,273
Thanks for the photos. Back seat looks perfect. Is there a small tear in the front driver-side seat cushion? Is this the only tear or is the driver-side in need of recovering?