'89 20th TA from New York IAS

troGNman

Got Portholes?
In an unrelated Syclone thread, forum member Jan asked if I had any car show pics of the Turbo Trans Am.

I did find some old glossy 4x6's but they are not the best quality.

The car was on a turntable thus you could not sit in the vehicle.:mad:

Attachments

• 20thTAa.jpg
    20thTAa.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 295
Thanks Chuck, much appreciated did you get my PM?

Jim, Chuck posted some old NY show pictures in the Syphoon/Typhoon thread on this board and I asked if he possibly had some photos of the TTA from the same show and he kindly scanned what he had!

cottonpicker, did you attend the NY show as well back in the days?

If anyone else got some old show pictures it would be great to see them, supposibly Pontiac also had a display engine at many of these shows. There where two, 1 complete engine used in the 89 TTA product brochure and also a cutaway engine as seen in the link Jim provided above. Both these engines are in private ownership today and preserved for the future (2 different owners) but it would be great if anyone have more info or photos from any of the shows / events where they were displayed back in 1989.

In an unrelated Syclone thread, forum member Jan asked if I had any car show pics of the Turbo Trans Am.

I did find some old glossy 4x6's but they are not the best quality.

The car was on a turntable thus you could not sit in the vehicle.:mad:

Ive got to knock the dust off the photo album from 89, our car club recieved a 89TTA from the local dealer with 20 miles or so.. Put it in the late '88 World Of Wheels car show and it sold for 50,000 on the spot:eek:

I just turned 14 when they came out

I will have to scan the photos tomorrow, the pictures are very good quality from back in 89
BW

Well, found the album...
There is about 10 pictures but for some reason, the pictures while at the show never made it to the album.

Well, at least i have some goofy pictures of my dad and his buddy getting ready to test it out. I will try and get them scanned this week
BW

Well, found the album...
There is about 10 pictures but for some reason, the pictures while at the show never made it to the album.

Well, at least i have some goofy pictures of my dad and his buddy getting ready to test it out. I will try and get them scanned this week
BW
Hey Bryan, did you get those pics? I finally have time to dig for old pics to file in an album for the TTA, would be cool to have some of that car.

Hey, it looks like I'll be going up to BG this year with Victor again, but he's not bringing his car this year, just wants to hang and drink beers all day and not fool with his car :) Don't know where we are staying yet, seeing who else wants to pile in from our area and go first.