'89 TTA - 32,000 miles for $8,000?!?

John84GN

Nice Monte...
I found a TTA w/ 32,000 miles...for $8,000. I can kinda answer this question, but is it a good deal?

I know the rear main seal has a leak, but the car has plenty of extras, like a 7th injector, knob controlled boost control, lots of chrome.

Other than that, the car is great...runs real strong, looks great, no rust, and the owner has all documentation for it....including the "pace-car" peel-and-stick decals for the doors.

1. Is this a "steal?"
2. What is the value of a car like this...I know you guy's can't say for sure...but the approximate value? I can't seem to find anything on NADA or Kelly Blue Book.

Thanks!

If everything is good on the car ya thats a steal. 32K mile car should sell for 12-14K.

So you gotta ask yourself. Is this to good to be true?

Ever been wrecked?
Salvage Title?
Motor going Bad?

Why so cheap?

Is it a T-top/Leather car? (Most common)

If everything checks out buy it!

Its not stock though huh? I dont think I would buy a modified car unless it was from someone I knew that did the work.
But thats just me...

Have you seen the car?Was it in the trader or somewhere?Im like TTA 89,if it has alot of mods,my guess it has alot of problems.

Kelley blue book does list the cars under average retail.They didnt under trade in.

Sounds like a great deal..Expensive stuff on these cars to correct is the TTA specific items.Badges/emblems,spoiler,seats,and engine specific stuff.

Word of thought is ...if it sounds to good to be true...generally it is.Make sure its not 132,000 miles.

32k mile TTA is good condition should fetch 12-14k.With all documents as to its mileage.Carfax for example.

Look underneath it, should still be pretty clean if it is only 32k miles, should be alot of grease build up on the lower part of the motor either. Also, is sure to be on its second set of tires..you gotta figure the original tires were used for the first 10-20k miles unless they took them off and stored them, so the tires on it should have much more than 15k miles on them, if all 4 are bare of show heavy wear on the sides, then it would make me think its 132k, or it was driven hard all the time. Look at the brake pedal rubber too, so be no sign of wear at 32k. Also, if only 32k, doesn't sound like it was ever a daily driver, should be real clean everywhere, engine compartment and all.....if it wasn't a daily driver, then usually it would not be driven on rainy days.
Could be so cheap because its been modded alot, especially if they do not have all of the original parts.
You never know though, I picked up mine for not even twice that amount with 5300 miles a year ago.

Originally posted by Grumpy
ahhh guys our cars speedo would show over 100k :D
hhmm, shows you how often I've been in my TTA lately, nasty winter rainy weather....