'89 TTA Intercooler, Know who makes one?

I put a dutt neck on the tta intercooler... its on a buddys t-type car now we will see if anything is notable.

BTW Julio I had like 5 buick guys ask me where i got my alky shirt from @ the autofair in NC .... I gave them your link an told them your the man with alky

TTA Intercooler

Thanks to those who have replied.

Looking for some more advice. I have aquired a stock IC w/Duttweiler neck. Will this be sufficient for a planned low 10 sec car?

What would be better, bigger IC or alcohol injection w/stock IC? I've heard some concerns about alcohol injection reliability and consequenses if there is a system failure.

What would be a better solution for a bracket car application that will see 80 - 90 degree ambient temps and may be hot lapped?

Your not going to run low 10's with TTA heads and do it reliably

If you want reliable low 10's build a GN headed motor capable of low 9's

Then don't expect low 10's with a stock IC neck or not

If you can settle for upper 10's low 11's the TTA heads will work with the appropriate porting, roller cam, and turbo. Stock ic with neck should have no issues in the upper 10's

Fins per inch was greater. Outside physical dimensions are exact.

You will not be able and document any performance difference between the two.

Actually a Dutt neck GN IC will whip a stock TTA IC anyday. If you use injection.. no need for a bigger IC. I got $$$ that i'll bet.

Money Post right there Julio :p:biggrin:

Thanks to those who have replied.

Looking for some more advice. I have aquired a stock IC w/Duttweiler neck. Will this be sufficient for a planned low 10 sec car?

What would be better, bigger IC or alcohol injection w/stock IC? I've heard some concerns about alcohol injection reliability and consequenses if there is a system failure.

What would be a better solution for a bracket car application that will see 80 - 90 degree ambient temps and may be hot lapped?
The question is loaded.

If we get a car tuned on race gas, and compare both. I can get better cooling with a stock ic than a front mount using a very small nozzle. So even if the system didn't work... Example you shut it off.. No harm would come to the engine.

If your talking pump gas.. I don't care how big the front mount is, you won't get over 20 psi boost without knock

So if you compare a car with a front mount at 20 psi boost for intake temps vs a car with a stock ic at 20'psi with alcohol... The car with alcohol will slam the temp down. And at 20 psi boost if the system didn't work you'd be really pressed to hurt it.

What happens is greed sets in and now your running 30 psi boost on pump gas and if an issue happens.... You want to blame x/y/z

We get back to running low 10's and reliability is an oxymoron with a motor barely capable of running low 10's to begin with

Suggest you build a Stage motor and detune it.

Motor I have is GN headed, Champion ported iron heads and ported intake, hydraulic roller, race fuel only etc... Motor should be capable, needing advice on IC, have stock w/Dut neck. In the opinion of the more experienced what would be best, adding injection or a bigger, custom IC in the attempt to run consistent low 10s?

What does "front mount" "small nozzle" mean to describe?

Thanks in advance.

Motor I have is GN headed, Champion ported iron heads and ported intake, hydraulic roller, race fuel only etc... Motor should be capable, needing advice on IC, have stock w/Dut neck. In the opinion of the more experienced what would be best, adding injection or a bigger, custom IC in the attempt to run consistent low 10s?

What does "front mount" "small nozzle" mean to describe?

Thanks in advance.

One downside to the TTA is that there is no frontal area for the IC. I ran a Dequick on mine.. had the pipes changed to 3 inch.. etc and would see 190 degree's at 25 PSI boost on a 70 turbo. You cant get a huge core like you can on a Buick. Then get air through the fins. So by running the injection I could get my temps down to 10-15 above ambient.

Now when you use injection for just cooling you dont have to spray as much as when you use it to supplement poor pump gas. So nozzle sizing(flow) is smaller.

If you want the best of both worlds.. tune like this.

Get a FAST or other DFI that adds correction in case of leaning out. Then run race gas and tune the car to set up the tables. Then inject just enough methanol to cool it to your liking.. then pull fueling to compensate for the methanol being shot in.. and run zero correction with the methanol spraying..Then setup correction in the DFI so if the system where not to work, the computer would automatically add fueling through your injectors. On my computer I have my fueling set to add +25% fuel. This way its a win win scenario. If the system fails 4 years from now during storage or racing.. the computer will save the engine.

This assummes your fuel system doesnt fail, injectors dont fail, blows hose from FPR, etc..

Razor,

Your reply makes perfect sense. I understand your recommendation and comment concerning lack of frontal area for air to flow through IC regardless of IC size, something I didn't consider.

Thanks for the help.