A/C low pressure cut out switch replacement

LIGHTEMUP

Hi Everyone, my air was not blowing cold. I jumped the a/c low cutout switch and the compressor runs and the air blows ice cold. I added a can of R12a and the pressure with the compressor running is now around 40-45 psi but when I take the jumper out and plug the wire into the sensor, the compressor cuts out. Is the low cutout switch the problem? Can it be replaced without losing charge to the system? Is there any harm in running the system in the meantime with the sensor jumped out? Thanks in advance!!

The lo on my system has a Schraeder in it. When the sw is loosened, the Schraeder is closed.

like chuck said , its screwed onto a shrader with an oring on the outside at the base , just unscrew the old , replace the o-ring and screw on the new , the fan control switch behind the compressor is the attached the same way

like chuck said , its screwed onto a shrader with an oring on the outside at the base , just unscrew the old , replace the o-ring and screw on the new , the fan control switch behind the compressor is the attached the same way
Great, thanks !!!

Try adjusting the cutout pressure.
CLUTCH CYCLING SWITCH Recommendations From A/C Shops and Aftermarket:
Lower the adjustment of the clutch cycling switch to 21 to 22 PSI with R-134a. This is because the pressure temperature relationship of R-12 and R-134a is different. For instance at 25 °F the pressure of R-12 is 24.6 PSI and the pressure of R-134a is 22.1 PSI.
Pressure Temperature Table
If it is adjustable there will be an adjustment screw between the two terminals. One eight turn counterclockwise lowers the cut out pressure approximately 2 PSI and one quarter lowers the cut out pressure approximately 4 PSI.