A Few Car Craft Nationals Pics

Yankee John

For the 1st time ever, I was a PARTICIPENT in the Car Craft Summer Nationals!! Lots of great Buicks and several Grand Nationals/T-Types in attendence, as well as GNX's #1 and #153!

Here are a few pics of GNX #1 in the GM Performance display, and a Turbo 6 engine in the historic GM high performance engine display tent.

Enjoy!

John

Attachments

• gnx1a.jpg
    gnx1a.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 313
  • gnx1b.jpg
    gnx1b.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 303
  • gnx1c.jpg
    gnx1c.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 296
  • DSCN0021.jpg
    DSCN0021.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 302
  • DSCN0022.jpg
    DSCN0022.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 294
Interesting pics of the motor. Dry sump oiling system? No EGR and what is that canister behind the turbo??

Show was awesome, a few TR scattered around. Saw a 30k k all stock white 87 T with Blk out package, rosewood T, another GNX, X clone, and several other GN's. Met alot of the guys, not sure if I met you John but think I did.

The GNX engine on the stand in the photo is made on a 4.1 016 stage block. The canister behind the turbo is a oil vapor seperator that drains back to the external pump.

The GNX 001 was way cool to finally see in person, I sweet talked the GM guys to letting me get in it right atfter it pulled up:cool:.

Noticed the ASC decal on the driver door was missing ...you could see where it was by the adhesive left over but was completely torn off. The Emissions sticker on the heater box was not a ASC one and somewhere along the way the GNX decal on the IC was cleaned with something that took the lettering off and just the silver backing was left.

Ill have to look at my pics but I want to say she has about 40k ish miles now.
Told the GM guy about the sticker in the door and he was shocked and said he would mention something to the museum.

Good to see that a faction of GM is proud enough of these cars to keep hauling that display around. Just a shame that the powers-that-be at Buick don't see a place for a true bad-boy car these days like the GN and the GS cars that preceeded.

Pretty cool pic's! I was able to pull my GNX over with #001 for a couple of shots at this years Detroit Autorama. :cool:

I was suprised to see 20+ Turbo Buicks there. Cool to see the 001 GNX too. Had a good time. Anyone else see that low milage 87 yellow Limited T there? I want to say it had 20K miles and was super clean. Somehow I didnt get pics of it. One of my favorite cars there and didnt take a pic.

picture-1153.jpg

picture-1154.jpg

picture-1147.jpg

picture-1131.jpg

picture-1137.jpg

picture-1143.jpg