a T-Type is NOT a Grand National

This thread has came back to bite me in the a$$ once again...lol....today I still have my T and love it...I do miss having a GN though.:D
Not to worry Gary..funny story I was going thru audio threads and you came up, noticed we joined around the same time but your a respected board member n I'm still posting drivle, so was curious where you started out, found this thread wasn't gonna post but saw jlats post (bless his heart :D) and it was too funny to pass up...

Not to worry Gary..funny story I was going thru audio threads and you came up, noticed we joined around the same time but your a respected board member n I'm still posting drivle, so was curious where you started out, found this thread wasn't gonna post but saw jlats post (bless his heart :D) and it was too funny to pass up...
Cool, thanks man...it's all good..that was a long time ago and interesting how even I can mature over time.

My grandfather was an engineer at GM and he got a t-type as his company car. After the term was up he wanted to buy it. Because he was a higher up it had all the bells and whistles in it and he told me it was a grand national just a different name. He gave it to me for my 16th birthday which was a dumb idea lol. Went through 2 turbo rebuilds each costing me like 1.3k and having to ship it to Cali and I live in Michigan. I didn't have the money to keep up on the car as they are a money pit even when your taking care of them good if your driving them as your main car. Ended up blowing a rod out the oil pan. Probably 6 years later I decided to part it out. May have even been this forum. Was all grand national owners that bought pretty much everything but the frame and engine. Trim went the fastest along with the complete wiring harness. Drive train someone drove to my house from 5hours away and took it off themselves. I honestly dont think theres much if any of a difference between the t-type and grand national besides the t-type is rarer as mentioned.

Last edited:
My grandfather was an engineer at GM and he got a t-type as his company car. After the term was up he wanted to buy it. Because he was a higher up it had all the bells and whistles in it and he told me it was a grand national just a different name. He gave it to me for my 16th birthday which was a dumb idea lol. Went through 2 turbo rebuilds each costing me like 1.3k and having to ship it to Cali and I live in Michigan. I didn't have the money to keep up on the car as they are a money pit even when your taking care of them good if your driving them as your main car. Ended up blowing a rod out the oil pan. Probably 6 years later I decided to part it out. May have even been this forum. Was all grand national owners that bought pretty much everything but the frame and engine. Trim went the fastest along with the complete wiring harness. Drive train someone drove to my house from 5hours away and took it off themselves. I honestly dont think theres much if any of a difference between the t-type and grand national besides the t-type is rarer as mentioned.
Probably won't get back on here as I don't have the car anymore or the cash to buy one even though I'd love to have one again. Was just showing my 3 year old what my old car looked liked it brought back memories lol.

hello people: show your kid a designer series T in black and grey. IMO the best lookin TB out there.
IBBY

86 T-Type, WH1 is what I'm partial to.

1714061136359.jpeg

hello people: there was a member here who called himself nevada2tone or something close and he had my fav. looking TB. black and grey designer T and he had his wheels painted in grey. It's sharp. I think about dooowing that instead of my fake GNX wheels.
IBBY

hello people: last I heard of him he was having brake issues, he could of gave up on it. who knows maybe it's just in his garage on hold.
IBBY