? about engine install/problem

tta1240

CAMEL TOE
i am finally installing my stroker engine in and have a couple of questions/problems.first off when i look at the oil filter housing adapter,the lower oil cooler line is to close to the cross member and will not screw in.my builder did install a booster plate but even if that was off it still would not screw in.also the fuel return line up by the fuel rail has a slight crimp and i do not know if this will cause a problem.
thanks for any input

Why not leave the oil cooler off? Some will say "NO". Many of us don't use them. I would replace the fuel line. New one is cheap for insured fuel flow. Just my opinion.

Do you have the lines switched? Good advice on the fuel line. If it's questionable, replace it.

I can't remember, I don't run a cooler anymore. I would guess yes, because it should fit fine.

it does not mater witch cooler line neither one will fit,can you loosen the center nut and turn the cooler housing?

It will fit in a few positions. Make sure its flush before you tighten it to 22lbs I think it is? Also get the oversize o-ring from the vendors. Also many guys just dont use them so no biggie if you leave it off as mentioned.

It will fit in a few positions. Make sure its flush before you tighten it to 22lbs I think it is? Also get the oversize o-ring from the vendors. Also many guys just dont use them so no biggie if you leave it off as mentioned.

any pros/con taking it off.

It can't hurt to run it. Without it you can expect the oil temp to run some 20-40*f hotter than the water. Is it a problem? Prolly not.

I don't run it.

Getting closer eh? When do think you'll be ready for me?

It can't hurt to run it. Without it you can expect the oil temp to run some 20-40*f hotter than the water. Is it a problem? Prolly not.

I don't run it.

Getting closer eh? When do think you'll be ready for me?

I think i will just keep it.
hey rick i hope to have everthing done and ready for you by next week.i see you opened your own shop,congrates.and i will be calling you.

any pros/con taking it off.

I havent run one for years but I do change oil often & dont drive it that much. After the track days I always change oil & have never seen any big issues? I also run the bigger Baldwin B-9 filter which holds about 1/2 quart. If you ever do damage to the engine you cant clean the rad cooler 100% & thats what I did one day with a timing chain sprocket. I wasn't taking a chance after that. Good thing as I found a shard of metal after the rebuild hiding in the system that could have done some damage. I would rather run a large remote cooler for both & get rid of all coolers in the rad myself.