ABS Bumper Fillers Sold by Kirban

HyperV6

Has anyone purchased the ABS rear bumper fillers sold by Kirban? Is the quality good? Do they fit well? Do they look like originals? I think I'd prefer something flexible instead of the fiberglass rear fillers.

Thanks for any advice / information.

Craig

I will be using factory GM fillers for the front.

The fiberglass ones are reallll rough. They wouldn't be so bad if they at least had the holes drilled out. I'm sure with tons of work many people get them to look great but I gave up. I'm still waiting for the next option.. Someone is supposedly making very high quality repos.

I'm happy with the FG ones on my car... dont know who they are from though. I had ABS versions on my 86 Regal that cracked.....

I got the glass ones off ebay frt/rear, yea had to drill holes & fit no biggie. And yes, they need paint. I will do it again on GN #2. They were of good quality and apperance. A place in Florida as I recall. NO ABS HERE!!!

I talked briefly with Rich Clark at the GS Nationals about fillers he is planning to make / sell. It seemed as if that project is a few down on his very busy list. So, I'm not sure when they will be available.

I have a low mileage car that I'm looking for the most original looking rear fillers. I just thought the ABS ones may appear more correct than the fiberglass ones. Anybody have any other opinions?

Thanks for the feedback, Craig

hello people; Here's another outfit that makes fillers. I believe there FG but the name gives you a curve ball.
the place is called replica plastics 1-800-873-5871 Tell us what you think.
IBBY

I've used both (Danko) ABS & FG,,, & FG = winner, hands down...Many think the ABS is flexible like originals, but ABS material = much thinner & more rigid--similar to FG...

Had a slight problem with Kirban's fitment @ the license plate area and no problem with the f/g on another.. Buy the Danko's..

I purchased from Danko,
The left rear tail light wont fit over the filler, also both on the car, the center's that are suppose to overlap dont touch, which leaves a slight gap.
Customer service is horrible.
First set they sent got damaged from UPS, due to the poor packaging.
Now the second set doesn't fit, they wont respond.
Having the credit card company deal with it.
Even if they did fit, they require body work on top of "only prep for paint"

Seems thats one part only GM can make right. What are they now, about $1500 for front & back? Probably worth it for a hardcore resto.

I bought a set of front ABS and the fitment is terrible. It is almost as if the made the mold of the inside diameter of the stocker and then sold it to me.

BTW, this was not bought from Kirban.

I got a set of NOS front an back acouple yrs ago from glen @ highway stars ... cant remember prices but it wasnt too bad ... i hear he is now out

I got a set of NOS front an back acouple yrs ago from glen @ highway stars ... cant remember prices but it wasnt too bad ... i hear he is now out

Glen has some fronts for sale now at a reasonable price. He told me they were from the last run in 2002 as well. Haven't found rears in a while. I buoght the fronts though and they are nice.

I talked briefly with Rich Clark at the GS Nationals about fillers he is planning to make / sell. It seemed as if that project is a few down on his very busy list. So, I'm not sure when they will be available.

I have a low mileage car that I'm looking for the most original looking rear fillers. I just thought the ABS ones may appear more correct than the fiberglass ones. Anybody have any other opinions?

Thanks for the feedback, Craig

Mark my word....the wait for Richard Clark's upcoming bumper fillers will be well worth it! That's why I'm patiently waiting for him to start selling them. They'll be top notch, better made than originals, flexable, and cost slightly more than the originals, which I hope isn't too high. They'll have special stuff in them that resists ultraviolet rays that cause cracking over time.

It's perfectly understandable that it's somewhat down on his priority list....this guy is very, very busy all of the time, and very sought after. You can't go wrong with Mr. Clark. He KNOWS what he's doing. I only wish I could apply that term to myself. (sigh)

Bruce '87 Grand National

Mark my word....the wait for Richard Clark's upcoming bumper fillers will be well worth it! That's why I'm patiently waiting for him to start selling them. They'll be top notch, better made than originals, flexable, and cost slightly more than the originals, which I hope isn't too high. They'll have special stuff in them that resists ultraviolet rays that cause cracking over time.

It's perfectly understandable that it's somewhat down on his priority list....this guy is very, very busy all of the time, and very sought after. You can't go wrong with Mr. Clark. He KNOWS what he's doing. I only wish I could apply that term to myself. (sigh)

Bruce '87 Grand National
But when?? Lol I need a full set baddd

I have a set of front and back fiber glass on order from GBody parts. I'll let you know what I think of them when I get them.