AC Freeze12 install questions

Danster

I ordered a Freeze 12 quick charge kit along with three cans of freeze 12 and want to add to my car. Bought the car a couple of months ago and the AC was not blowing any cold air. Not sure if their was ever a leak or not. Would like to add a can and see if I feel a difference.
According to the instructions I need to add the new fittings to the high and low service ports. Which one is the low and which one is the high? The new fittings have one cap red and cap blue. Which color one goes to the low?

Once I begin to dispense the coolant I'm to do it through the low side, correct?

Any other suggestions or tips, thanks!

Dannyo

I havent done a/c in awhile, but I do know the high side is the small diameter line, and the low side is the larger diameter line. The cap colors would be blue for low side and red for high side. Mark

find out why it is not blowing cold before you start playing with things you don't understand. It can get expensive, quickly. :)

Good call Steve! I was thinking about it and was wondering does this happen to a car that has been sitting for a while without being started? Reason I ask, I have an 86 Limited which gets started every now and then and noticed the A/C was also not blowing cold anymore. Allthough, the A/C was working perfectly fine before.

Any thoughts why?

Dannyo

Simplest answer is that the compressor seal may have dried up and it leaked out there. That is pretty common when a car sits for extended periods.

Someone needs to put a set of guages on it to see how much, if any, freon is left in it. Then determine where it leaked out, if it is low or has none.

I just redid, this past weekend, the AC on my son's T. Compressor had seized, the clutch burned out and I assume it ruined the seal as there was no freon in it at all.