AC with FMIC??

gary86

Anyone doing this that can chime in? I have F-body radiator and dual fans. Have a precision FMIC that I would like to still run AC with. ANy input?

I'm using an RJC front mount intercooler with a 3 core aluminum rad w/ intrepid duel fans, A/C works well. In the heat of the summer engine temp reaches 205 deg. F body rad is 2core?

2 things to consider how well does your cooling system work now and how good does your ac system.work. if both are working well.no matter what you will.notice a.difference w the ac. It will.probaly happen during stop.and go traffic. How much of a difference I dont know but its like running uphill w your hand over your mouth. Isnt it easier without your hand there..

RJC front mount here with Fbody radiator & 2 fans. mine actually runs ok in stop & go traffic, but gets over 210 on the freeway (the faster u go the hotter it gets)! o_O

Been running a CAS V2 with a Nick McCale radiator and Intrepid dual fans for a decade. The highest coolant temps I can remember seeing was during the Woodward Dream Cruise many years ago, which was hours of stop and go traffic. My recollection is that coolant temps didn't get over 205 with the AC on.

A good radiator and good fans are important. So is making sure that the grill is sealed to the radiator so that hot air exiting the fans can't recirculate back through the radiator.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have a BeCool aluminium rad with a stock fan along with a Precision front mount i/c (which I since replaced with a monster-sized Cotton's unit) and with either of the intercoolers and with the a/c on, temperatures never exceeded 200°.

Claude. ;)

The Precision still leaves a lot of area open for air flow, you should be fine. If not there's better radiators and fans out there if you need them. :D

I just got mine together this summer but its a precision FM with a PTS aluminum rad and intrepid dual fans. I have both fans running on low speed only for the time being and even with a/c on max it doesn't run away from the thermostat too far. I think the hi fan is just gonna be a toggle switch to have just in case. They haven't needed to run on high yet although I did see 190ish for a lil bit in omaha traffic.
I did make sure that the grille area was boxed in pretty good with modified oem rubber stuff. I had to shim the IC out for a trans cooler so I removed the grille extension and half assed the grille springs and attached the rubber to that which looks like it would let some air under the IC.
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app