Accumulator ball questions

Boston GN

What is involved in swapping one out and where is the cheapest place to get them.

Autozone and GM Parts Direct.com seem to have similar pricing

Ignition compltely off, pump brake pedal ten times. This relieves the pressure in the PM system and returns the fluid to the PM side of the reservoir. Remove your old accumulator and install the new one. Turn the ignition on and check for leaks. PM motor should not run for more than 20 seconds. If it does, turn the ignition off and loosen the hose below the accumulator (DON'T COMPLETEY REMOVE THE HOSE, IT IS UNDER EXTREME PRESSURE), until brake fluid flows. This bleeds the PM side of the master cylinder. Tighten hose and turn ignition on again, PM motor should not run for more than 20 seconds.

Originally posted by Boston Boy
What is involved in swapping one out and where is the cheapest place to get them.

Autozone and GM Parts Direct.com seem to have similar pricing

BostonBoy, do you have the part number for the AZ accumulator? I tried looking it up there and couldn't find anything that I was sure was the right part.

I was under the impression thst Autozone only sold the a complete remanufactured PM system, but if you wanted to replace just the accumulator ball, then you could contact GM

Originally posted by Fuelie600
Does anyone know if Auto Zone has accumulator balls?

Heh, coincidentally I work there as a 2nd job. AND I'm home on lunch right now. I will check in and let you know tonight.

I found them on the online site for autozone. They're special order and I think the price was around 100. I don't have the number off hand

Couldn't find anything on Autozone.com. I did find them thru Kirbans or Cottons for the same price $149. Timberwolf, if you come uo empty, I'll try my dealer monday to see if I can get it cheaper--I usually get cost plus 10%. All the test I performed lead to the accumulator. I want one ASAP. Brian

Now I Can't find it myself (autozone).
I know I saw it, forgot how I looked it up though. Oh well. GM parts direct has em

GMpartsdirect.com has these for $96 + S&H. If my dealer can't beat that price, that's where I'm going. Brian

I looed it up last night both on the computer system and in the paper catalog. All I can order is the complete setup with master cylinder, ball, pump, etc. And it's $279

Timberwolf, please share the part # for us all. Don't need one myself right now, but who knows----maybe someday. The guys at my local AZ are pretty much usless, unless you can give them the number.