adjustable servo pin

Lou Cipher

these idle hands...
I have the wide band already installed and my stock pin isn't going to work out. Is it ok to use this (pts xtreme) pin with the stock GN servo? I also see that you can remove the 2-3 accumulator piston when using this, does it make the 2-3 harder? Any comments would be appreciated.

Go to the source

Email or call Mark (PTSXTREME@aol.com), 916-739-0510
at PTS on Tuesday. They are closed Monday for the holiday.
He will help you out on what you need to do to make it work well.

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSXTREME.com

Why not just use washers for shims on the pin between it and the servo...Equally used on each side of the 2-3 accum piston?

Works for me.

Originally posted by jakeshoe
Why not just use washers for shims on the pin between it and the servo...Equally used on each side of the 2-3 accum piston?

Works for me.

great point Jake, now let's see ya explain to him in writing how to get the adjustment correct... LOL! ;)

Stack two washers on each side of the accum piston...
Assemble servo and install.

Check out put shaft for roation in both directions. It will usually only turn in one.... Remove one washer from the band side of the servo and try again.
Do so until you can turn the output in both directions.

Some of it depends on the thickness of the washers...

I usually just check clearance with the depth the cover will push in... and I usually eyeball it.

But we're looking for some clearance but not 1/4" as someone had...

About 2 thin washers clearance :)

get out of here with the adjustment crap.install a servo xtension tip on the pin.grind it until you just can get in the retaining ring and now remove an additional .040".why waste money and effort on nonsense?everybody is playing around with the 3rd accumulator without truly understanding its function,leave the seal ring alone,the inner piston helps speed up servo apply on a 1/2 shift.

Originally posted by chris718
get out of here with the adjustment crap.install a servo xtension tip on the pin.grind it until you just can get in the retaining ring and now remove an additional .040".why waste money and effort on nonsense?everybody is playing around with the 3rd accumulator without truly understanding its function,leave the seal ring alone,the inner piston helps speed up servo apply on a 1/2 shift.
Listen to this man, He knows the working hydraulics of this tranny inside and out