adjustments

bad V6

Planning a trip to the track soon and would like some help in setting up the rear suspension. The car currently has:

H & R Parts sway bar set to 1.5 turns preload
Baseline Suspension upper adjustable arms set to -1.5*
stock boxed lower control arms with poly bushings
Competition Engineering shocks, front @ 60/40 & rear @ 50/50
275 MT drag radials set to 17.5#
airbags LT & RT do I need to use?
No front sway bar

The car consistently 60' around 1.48-1.5 on the foot brake. I started getting the car to react better leaving the line at the end of last season, but would like some insight as to what adjustments should be made.

Thanks

When I had the stock 10 bolt I used 10 psi in each bag to keep the rear from squating, but your baseline uppers should take care of the squat. I had 3deg pinion angle. You might need more with the poly bushings I had the delrin. I easily went in the low 1.4s with stock uppers and umi lower atr bar and an air bag. The car was more consistant with the hr stuff though.

Thanks Rob.

As far as the airbags, I have 8" wide wheels with 4" BS, so the tires rubbing the frame or fender should not be a problem. I have noticed that with the baseline uppers the rear of the car lifts while building boost prior to the launch. I wish I knew how the track prep will be, I recently got a set of the MT drag radial pro tires mounted to use this season.

When I installed the 12 bolt I noticed the same thing. I think you should be good with the pros. My hoosiers hooked on no prep.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I had some issues with the wastegate last night and by the time I made it back out to the track only got in 2 passes. The first pass was on the MT drag radials (set at 17.5#), trying to leave at 3500 RPM and 5#. But by the time I got my club foot off the brake, the car actually began moving 3/4 of a second later at 4900 RPM and 21#. The car spun real bad, pedaled it and went 2.2/60' and 11.44 @125.5 on 22# of boost. So, we bolted on the MT Pros (set to 17.5#) and added 3# of boost and left with the boost gauge at 5#, RPM was at 3400. The car went 1.8/60' and 10.9 @ 127.2. For the car to come out of the hole good it needs to be up around 4000 RPM with the boost at 15#. The car went 10.2 @ 132 last season with a 1.48/60' on 26# of boost. I still don't have the tune where it needs to be and plan on going back out next weekend. Should I have to push it to 4000 RPM to get a decent 60'?