Adobt a pet..

JoeNational

Uh oh.. Look who got ALKY
So I am at a crossroads. I currently have 1 dog in my house that is my GF's. The dog is a beautiful dog but is so scared of people it is crazy. I was at the pet store today and they were having a swapmeet of pups if you will... Adopt a pet is what it was. There he was... bowlegs and all this 6mth old pit... I'm thinking of getting him but do I want all that comes with having two dogs in one house. They are both love to be around other dogs so I'm not worried about them getting along and I have a huge yard and big house etc... so space is not an issue...

NC282.15911463-3-x.jpg

Advice?

Dogs need a companion. They will have someone when you guys are out of the house.

Just don't get 2 males, they will fight all the time as one will always want to be the alpha male in the yard.

check with your "homeowners" Insurance company.. :cool:
I agree with Grumpy.If the insurance company hears u have a dog thats on their list you get cancelled.Then again.Who needs to know what you own for a dog.My dog is on the list.If they dont ask dont tell:biggrin:

The wife and I used to foster and rescue animals. We saved a ChowChow out of Georgia that they were going to put to sleep because she was "so vicious". We paid almost $500 to get her here to NM and she is the most loving Chow you would ever come across. She may lick you to death, but that is as close to vicious as she gets. We also wound up keeping a 3 legged cat, who we fostered. I couldn't see her going to a home where someone may abuse her. I have become her human since about the 3rd week we had her.

I volunteered at our local rescue shelter called Friends for Animals. The animals there were amazing, because all they wanted was someone to love and to love them. They gave me more joy than I could have ever gave them. They were always so happy to see you everyday. I think if you have the means and location it will have plenty of love to give you in return.
I raised Labs for 12yrs and they hold a special place in my heart, but now so do rescued dogs & cats.