Ad's covering posts , problem

t-typinator

I can't read about half of the posts in the threads, because the ad's that are usually above or below a post are now right on top of the posts.
Anybody else having this problem ?
And how do i go about fixing it ?

and posts are acting like they are not posting, leading to re-clicking the "Post Reply" button, and getting multiple posts.

Somethings not right with the latest board "updates"

Bob

and posts are acting like they are not posting, leading to re-clicking the "Post Reply" button, and getting multiple posts.

Somethings not right with the latest board "updates"

Bob

I couldn't even read the reply you just wrote, because it is covered by one of the pop up ads.
I was only able to read it when i went to reply and saw it in the Quote above.

The repost thing also happened to me a little earlier,
and just happened again trying to post this .

Last edited:
So am i the only one that has this problem of the ads covering the posts ????
I can only read about 1 in 3 posts, the others are hidden behind the ads.
I don't think it is in my computer because i'm not getting the problem anywhere else.
It's been happening for about 3 weeks now.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
It happens when I use my phone to view

Thanks for the reply.
I havn't tried it on my phone ,but it is definitely doing it on my home computer, and it is VERY annoying trying to go thru a thread ,you can't read most of it.

There isn't alot of people complaining about it though, so it must not be a problem with the site.

I have windows Vista which i just found out is getting pretty outdated ,and i have also an older version of Internet Explorer which I think is the last version that can be updated on the Windows Vista.
I guess there is newer versions of Internet Explorer but I think I need a newer version of Windows to upgrade to the newer versions of Internet Explorer :mad:

Not sure if this is the problem or not. I'm not really having problems anywhere else with my setup even though it's getting old
I guess the next thing to try is going to a different browser,but last time i tried i think Google chrome couldn't be used on Vista either.
Maybe I'll try to use firefox and see if that cures it.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

I swear, if I ever win big in the lottery, I'll buy this site and remove all advertising.

So am i the only one that has this problem of the ads covering the posts ????
I can only read about 1 in 3 posts, the others are hidden behind the ads.
I don't think it is in my computer because i'm not getting the problem anywhere else.
It's been happening for about 3 weeks now.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It is weird?

My MAC is 10 years old and it does all the same crap ypu are experiencing, but I just purchesed a new one since the old one has lots of issues on the internet because the brouser is out of date, and I cannot upgrade.

With the old MAC many adds cover posts, new one does not?

When I post with the old one, I just return to the Forum after REPLY, and the post is there.

It is weird?

My MAC is 10 years old and it does all the same crap ypu are experiencing, but I just purchesed a new one since the old one has lots of issues on the internet because the brouser is out of date, and I cannot upgrade.

When I post with the old one, I just return to the Forum after REPLY, and the post is there.

What i have been doing to read any post that is covered by an ad , is I hit the reply button on that certain post and then i can read the post in the black reply box down at the bottom of the page,and then i just don't hit the " post reply " button unless i want to reply to it.

Download Ad Blocker Plus. If you are on Google Chrome, click on the menu icon, then click on More Tools, then Extensions, then at the bottom of the page click Get More Extensions which takes you to the Chrome Web Store. Search for Ad Blocker Plus and install it. Enjoy ad free browsing.

It is weird?

My phone does the same when posting, I press post and it appears that it did not work. When I go back to the topic on the forum it is there.

I use Mozilla browsers (open source). On Linux, I have an old version that shows these problems (Giggle ads cover posts, mine don't appear unless I reload the page). On Windows 7, I have a recent version that shows no problems. This is "planned browser obsolescence." Somebody makes a trivial change to some Web site code using some new language "feature," and suddenly you need the latest browser for the site to work exactly the way it worked before the change.