Advice needed: 1979 Buick LeSabre Turbo Sport Coupe - No Spark :(

If no one wants to step up and help you out, I will go out to a junkyard I know of and grab the one that is there (if it still IS there). I can't guarantee it will be good as I have no way of testing it. I hope someone would be willing to help though. I would tell you to hook up an msd controller, but your car is too clean and all original and it should stay that way. I would only do mods that are reversable.

If no one wants to step up and help you out, I will go out to a junkyard I know of and grab the one that is there (if it still IS there). I can't guarantee it will be good as I have no way of testing it. I hope someone would be willing to help though. I would tell you to hook up an msd controller, but your car is too clean and all original and it should stay that way. I would only do mods that are reversable.

usetaboost: If you know where there might be one, check it out and let me know! That would be great ... I will be happy to reimburse you for the part and your time!

And when the H-ll were you gonna spill your guts on this one Jesse.:mad: You know I've been looking for one for 2 years now.

And when the H-ll were you gonna spill your guts on this one Jesse.:mad: You know I've been looking for one for 2 years now.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned something about a century turbo coupe sitting in a local yard. I was actually gonna go out there and grab a few rare things off of it but just haven't had time the last few weeks. Been working graveyard and just been tired as hell all the time. I haven't even polished up the 20s for the truck. They've been off for 3 weeks:eek: I just now got around to putting hood shocks on the buick and finalizing the tune. I'm eventually gonna buy a razor kit. I can't get the octane needed from washer fluid for the timing I want to run. Can't run meth with rubber lines:eek:;)

You mentioned the one you were trying to get a buddy to buy but you never mentioned the one in the salvage.

Oh, thought I did. If I get my ass out of bed tomorrow I'll run out there and see what's left.

It's not a joke when there's a few guys collecting them.
i dont know of anyone who has extras. that are willing to part with them.

i would have grabed that thing real quick. if that car has a pevr can you grab that for me?

Just a thought, take the box to a local medical clinic, and see if they will x-ray it for you. You should be able to see the circut and wiring inside.
Dan

i dont know of anyone who has extras. that are willing to part with them.

i would have grabed that thing real quick. if that car has a pevr can you grab that for me?

I would have grabbed it real quick but I've been trying to stay away from stuff I don't need. The more I spend on crap to set on the shelf the more money I gotta come up with to get the body finished on my car. Finishing my car is more important than having spare parts on the shelf.

I'll try getting the pevr valve but I'm not promising anything. Every one I've ever tried pulling off has broke. Are those things TR specific?

see what you can do. are you going to do the bodywork on the car yourself? i know you can save some big cash if you do it yourself.

Just a thought, take the box to a local medical clinic, and see if they will x-ray it for you. You should be able to see the circut and wiring inside.
Dan

Saddly....... this doesnt tell me component values or microchip types.

A.j.

Holy Grail?

What doest thou see? I seeketh the Holy Grail!

Who would like to see what is inside the Turbo Contro Center / ESC black Box 'O magic? ... I'm talking the whole enchilada ... like Circuit board layout, components, component values? I know I sure did!

So, since I have access to some really cool chemicals and other really neat-o stuff, and since my ESC box was apparently no good I figured what the H-E double hockey sticks. I have the circuit board almost free from it's confines and as soo as I do I will take some pics ....heck, I might even do some Hi-Res and share the knowledge ... maybe ....

I'm pretty darned handy with a scope, solder iron and other geeky techy stuff and I figure I can fix the darn thing (hopefuly) and reverse engineer it ... I got circuit board layout software too...this kind of project is right up my ally ... If I can make an aftermarket replacement (the real holy grail?) ... this is gonna be fun!

Who would like to see what is inside the Turbo Contro Center / ESC black Box 'O magic? ... I'm talking the whole enchilada ... like Circuit board layout, components, component values? I know I sure did!

So, since I have access to some really cool chemicals and other really neat-o stuff, and since my ESC box was apparently no good I figured what the H-E double hockey sticks. I have the circuit board almost free from it's confines and as soo as I do I will take some pics ....heck, I might even do some Hi-Res and share the knowledge ... maybe ....

I'm pretty darned handy with a scope, solder iron and other geeky techy stuff and I figure I can fix the darn thing (hopefuly) and reverse engineer it ... I got circuit board layout software too...this kind of project is right up my ally ... If I can make an aftermarket replacement (the real holy grail?) ... this is gonna be fun!

well your one step ahead of me... I have been trying to locate one to copy and reproduce! but if you can lay down a good schematic we will both be in buisness.

A.j.

Almost all the IC chips are exposed right now ... this is where there may be a problem ... they are all DELCO chips ... these may be difficult to cross reference ... the other components, caps, resistors, transistors, should be easy ... but these Delco ones .... whoo-boy .... already starting to dig for intel.

Peter

Almost all the IC chips are exposed right now ... this is where there may be a problem ... they are all DELCO chips ... these may be difficult to cross reference ... the other components, caps, resistors, transistors, should be easy ... but these Delco ones .... whoo-boy .... already starting to dig for intel.

Peter

shouldnt be that bad, can you identify chip types? like 555s, motorolas... etc etc... we can reverse engineer based on chip function. do you have a Huntron Tracker? a signal mapping would tell us as well or atleast point out the bad part.

A.j.

I knew there was a reason we allowed you on the board.:biggrin: Looks like there may be a solution after all. Thanks Peter. This is great news for all of us.:cool: