Advice on 28' enclosed trailer

Night Train

I'm looking to buy a new enclosed trailer and am looking for advice and your experience. I'm primarily looking at Pace and United from what research I've done, but am open to other vendors if folks have had great experience with others. What have you found that you like/dislike about your current enclosed vendor?

Thanks, Bob

Imo

I owned a Wells Cargo for 10 years--0 problems--24 ft. I will say to be sure and get 10,000 lbs. axles instead of 7500. Don't know how they compare in price to others--a few of my frien
ds also bought Wells Cargo and as far as I know they have had no problems

Have a place to store it. That is one of the biggest hassles for me. I love mine. Handy on so many levels.

At the time I bought what I could afford. One of the main things for me was the roof. Mine is a single piece like a semi trailer. I thought it would be easier to repair as it is like a semi trailer but so far all I have had to repair/replace was the flip up vent that disintegrated. I would also like to have a door on the driver side to enter/exit the vehicle in the trailer. I'm not as nimble as I once was.

Mine has 5200# dexter torflex axles, they work great. Be sure you have enough tow vehicle to pull the thing. It is big and has a definite need for sway control. I have a reese cam type and won't use anything else but there are other systems out there.

I would have liked a diamond plate flip piece on the ramp door and may add one. The one that came with it is plywood and sort of short.

Two spares are a must as exhibited by this pic.
DSCN2103.jpg

Nothing like changing two tires at 5:30 in the morning, but at least I had two spares. An a jack that has the capability to lift the unit, fully loaded, is quite handy, too.

If you have a pickup, I would look into getting a gooseneck. They are much more stable and no need for sway control. PLus you gain an extra 6'-8' with the front overhang.

And if you have the loot, look into the Cadillac of trailers....Gold Rush
Welcome to Gold Rush Inc.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I guess I forgot to mention that I am replacing a 28' Haulmark 1998 model and already have a 2001 GMC Duarmax crew cab for pulling. Gotta love that diesel power and mileage. I have a Hypertech tuner and run with the extra 74 hp and 130 ft/lb tune all the time. I do use a weight distribution hitch with sway control, and it definitely makes a difference on the Interstates. I agree with having 2 spares because I have been on trips with our group when 2 were needed :eek:. Anyone have any Pace or United experience?

Thanks!