Aeromotive 340 Stealth Fuel Pump. Anyone use one yet?

KevinB

Anyone use one yet? Sounds like a double pumper setup would definitely get it done.
A vendor on a local site posted this info:

The Aeromotive 340 Stealth Fuel Pump is a high-output, in-tank, electric fuel pump that fits most popular EFI applications. The Aeromotive 340 is a compact, lightweight pump that bolts into most existing hanger assemblies.
What sets the 340 Stealth Pump apart is its superior flow throughout a wide pressure range. Compared to a typical 255 lph pump at 40 psi, the 340 boasts 340 lph at the same pressure. Over 30% more flow. This pump is ideal for applications requiring more flow while retaining the factory lines and mounting provisions available in the Original Equipment (O.E.) configuration. The 340 is also perfect for use as a universal replacement for applications that require more flow to support forced air power adders such as turbo and supercharged applications. E85 Friendly

If you do your math right you will see that 700whp is not out of the question with just 1 intank pump!
• P/N 11140 is the same configuration as the GSS340
• P/N 11142 is the same configuration as the GSS342

Fits most vehicles where a 255 lph is applicable.

• Designed for in-tank use only
• Can be used in Carbureted or EFI applications
• Turbine pump mechanism increases durability and can be used in pulse modulated applications.

These include the Filter kit and everything below..

Includes Pump & All Drop Parts:
• Pump
• Filter
• Wiring Pigtail
• Rubber Hose
• (2) Clamps
• Rubber Grommet

These just became available this morning to us.
as of tuesday morning we had 40 pumps. we sold 29 in less than 2hrs.
this will be the last batch we have until march! so act quick because they will be gone.
$165 In the store or $175 shipped anywhere in the US.

340hppump.jpg

images.jpg

IMG_3347.jpg

waiting on mine too

Been waiting for a good pump to come out for awhile. My A1000 is solid but I want to go back to the in tank pump without the lame wal-fails. I posted in the thread in the turbo lounge from the PRI show. I have the gas tank ready for the 340 hp aeromotive to go in as soon as it arrives.

which part # is the one to use,since my pump went yesterday pulling the car out of the garage.

I was talking to Nick Micale at ArizonaGN a couple of weeks ago and he said he would be selling them as well.

Personally, I wouldn't buy one...YET.

To me it looks like a de-skinned A1000. I'm not going to throw anyone under the bus, but I would wait to see how it performs.

Jason

Personally, I wouldn't buy one...YET.

To me it looks like a de-skinned A1000. I'm not going to throw anyone under the bus, but I would wait to see how it performs.

Jason

it looks like the deutchworks pump. an a1000 doesnt look anything like that.

Aeromotive says the 340 has a 1 year warranty on E85, so does the Jay Racing PT340 pump FWIW and they both have super similar flow charts.

I wonder who's making the pumps for Aeromotive and DW? Just like Walbro makes Holley, BBK, and Edelbrocks pumps...

I've read elsewhere that DW's pumps are not the same as Aeromotive's...but I find that hard to believe since all the charts I've seen posted indicate they flow nearly identical, and they are all being released around the same time frame. Not to mention they both offer pumps with the same 3 configurations!

Really I could care less as long as they perform as advertised, and is not made by Walbro.;)

I have one comming that Aeromotive wants me to test fit and report back on,
they are sending me 3 different ones to confirm the fitment on the GN specifically, should have them late next week, i can also post up some pics

Look what showed up today!:biggrin:

I compared it to an old Walbro GSS340M from Racetronix, and it is pretty much exact in size, right down to the inlet and outlet. I ordered the center inlet version like my old Walbro, so in theory it should be no problem to install in our senders.

Even the plug pigtail Aeromotive supplied is exactly like factory so the factory plug will plug right into the Aeromotive pump.

BUT...the polarities are reversed on the Aeromotive pump compared to the Walbro. So I'll probably have to reverse the wires on the OEM sender to match the new pump.

Other than that it looks like just like any other Walbro. I'll try to install it this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0672.jpg
    IMG_0672.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,850
  • IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,600
  • IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,573
that resemblence makes me very hesitiant to use one. please keep us updated on its performance.

Pretty sure Cal said he would stock them when they were available to him.

Yes, we plan on selling them. I won't commit to them until we have finished testing them. There are some "negative rumors" out there that I need to either dispel or verify. I should know more next week.

FWIW: Walbro is coming out with a new pump in the next 60 days that is supposed to flow similar numbers.

Cal, can you disspell mine? Any information is appreciated!

I would love to run two of these pumps.

Thanks Jason