Aeromotive Fuel Pump Problems.

The Radius Kid

I had an interesting chat the other day with a gentleman by the name of Brett at Aeromotive[913-647-7300,Missouri].
I had a question about my 11101 pump I bought used from a board member here.
Something was "tinking" inside the pump when you held it in your hand and rotated it end for end.
Hmm?Maybe a loose internal H/P bypass?
During the course of my conversation with Brett,I found out that Aeromotive had problems with the magnet structure and the armature windings when they were exposed to alchohol on a regular basis.
That's something that I always wondered about with most injectors and pumps,fuel lines,etc.
Seems what was happening with the Aeromotives was the epoxy that held the magnets in place would break down and the varnish would come off of the wire on the armature windings.
Of course the pumps would then stop working like they used to and guys would get P.O.'d and get another brand of pump.
Well,I can tell you after talking with Brett that he told me for $98 American they will rebuild my pump with new magnets and armature.
The magnets are now retained mechanically[crimped in a metal frame I believe],and the armature has more windings with better varnish on them to withstand the alchohol.
I was told the rebuilt pump would put out 100 GPH at 70 PSI[the old charts show 475 LBS/HR].
100 GPH translates to 610 LBS/HR~.
Quite an improvement if the # I was told is accurate[I guess I could get it checked afterwards].
The 475# was reading off of the 13.5 volt line,and I'm assuming the new quoted figure would be at 13.5 volts as well[no voltage level was stated or implied during the converstaion I had.].
Maybe that'll clear up some issues for some of you guys.
Hope it helps a bit.....later.
:)

That rebuild flow Brett quoted you sounds in the same ballpark as the Aero Pro Series 11102 or a Weldon 2015.

Art

John,

That's good information. Shame this information couldn't have been added to the other thread regarding fuel pumps which was a good discussion about double pumpers, Weldon's and Aero's with testimonials for each. Ahh but people delete threads when things start up. I definitely think people need thicker skin around here so that all the information stays available to everyone.

Now don't you go deleting this thread John! :) Thanks for the info!

It's funny you should mention that Art.
The day after my conversation with the Aeromotive tech,I talked to Nick Micale about the idea of posting what I'd found.
He agreed with you.
So off I go to post and low and behold..........the thread was gone.
I missed it by a few hours[I hadn't even read it before that.You know how it goes,"Oh no,no another double pumper thread.Skip it"].
The #'s for after rebuild do sound *kinda* high,but who knows.
maybe it'll give some of the guys with relegated pumps a chance to get them rebuilt for future possible use?
All I know is I better get my butt in gear and get this puppy done before they change their minds on the price.
Now let's see if another vendor I talked to actually does what I suggested[You know.:) ].
Could be a viable product since not only T/R's use them.
Chevy's and Fords use them too.

Originally posted by The Radius Kid
It's funny you should mention that Art.
The day after my conversation with the Aeromotive tech,I talked to Nick Micale about the idea of posting what I'd found.
He agreed with you.
So off I go to post and low and behold..........the thread was gone.
I missed it by a few hours[I hadn't even read it before that.You know how it goes,"Oh no,no another double pumper thread.Skip it"].
The #'s for after rebuild do sound *kinda* high,but who knows.
maybe it'll give some of the guys with relegated pumps a chance to get them rebuilt for future possible use?
All I know is I better get my butt in gear and get this puppy done before they change their minds on the price.
Now let's see if another vendor I talked to actually does what I suggested[You know.:) ].
Could be a viable product since not only T/R's use them.
Chevy's and Fords use them too.
Well, it's good to know that "deleting the thread" has nothing to do with your name... :)

I agree, you need to get moving so Richie can drive YOUR car and almost put it into the wall. I don't have enough hair left to allow him to drive my car again... Great recovery 4 times in a row BTW. Brandon Bernstein’s got nothing on Richie. :eek:

This is really good information to have available to everyone. Even when it's "another double pumper thread" I try to read them. You never know when you're going to find that little nugget of gold.