Aftermarket wheels for the TTA

ttafan

Does anyone have any idea about the offset and rear spacing for the TTA? I am going to change to a 15" wheel and try to keep the same offset and tire dia. I need to start using tire screws and don't want to drill into my factry rims. Last time I ran at the track, my rims spun inside the tire about an inch because of low tire preasure and I still spun the tires a little. So I want to go with a Draglite wheel, but don't want anything to rub or look too oversized. Also, should I go with a 3 1/2" up front or 4"? Any help would be Great. Thanks.

I launched at about 15 psi. Does anyone know if 9"x15" will fit in the rear?

My understanding is yes. And I have heard 15x10 will also.

Some wheels I know have an issue with rear calipers.. you may want to mount wheels without tires and check for caliper issues.

My understanding is yes. And I have heard 15x10 will also.

Some wheels I know have an issue with rear calipers.. you may want to mount wheels without tires and check for caliper issues.

Well,..... screw that idea. I just went to check the clearence on my calipers. No way will 15's fit over my Aerospace calipers. I only have about 1/8" clearence with my factory 16's. Glad you said something Razor. Saved me alot of shipping costs. Oh well, Now what?.........Razor did you have this problem when you ran in the 10's?(wheels spinning inside tires.)

With all the GN guys wanting the "front" GTA rims, there seem to be quite a few "rears" available, for a decent price. I'd just pick up another set of rears and drill those.

With all the GN guys wanting the "front" GTA rims, there seem to be quite a few "rears" available, for a decent price. I'd just pick up another set of rears and drill those.

+1

Actually I was at one time planning to send a set of rear to get narrowed for front tire usage. The issue I ran into was skinny 16 inch tires are the issue. The Viper guys run the tires from Model A Fords.. since their 16. Coker tire was the company. Maybe things are different now :redface:

Rears.. I never had the problem and I had a set of 26x10 MT slicks.. those are no longer available. But wouldnt hesitate to get a set not as pretty and drill em.

+1

Actually I was at one time planning to send a set of rear to get narrowed for front tire usage. The issue I ran into was skinny 16 inch tires are the issue. The Viper guys run the tires from Model A Fords.. since their 16. Coker tire was the company. Maybe things are different now :redface:

Rears.. I never had the problem and I had a set of 26x10 MT slicks.. those are no longer available. But wouldnt hesitate to get a set not as pretty and drill em.

The Original plan was to get a stock set narrowed for the front and drill a set of rears. But I could not find anyone who narrows wheels. I'm sure theres companies out there, but I can't find them. Anyone know of a shop that does this kind of work.:confused:

The Original plan was to get a stock set narrowed for the front and drill a set of rears. But I could not find anyone who narrows wheels. I'm sure theres companies out there, but I can't find them. Anyone know of a shop that does this kind of work.:confused:

Brian Weaver G-Body Parts.com has a shop that does the GN wheels, and refinishing as well. That was what I was to use.

You better get the tires squared away first before you do the wheels..

Well, I got a set of rears coming to narrow for front use. It looks like I can go 5.5" to 6" and have plenty of tire choices. I could probably go skinnier but I have not found anyone who stocks tires in 16" for that narrow of a rim..... Razor, I checked coker but wasn't sure the tire you were talking about.