Votes: 214 35.8%
  • 41-50

Votes: 85 14.2%
  • 51-60

Votes: 64 10.7%
  • 61+

Votes: 16 2.7%

• Total voters
I was 22 when I had enough since to buy my GN and I'm 29 at present.

Never forget seeing Glen Redmon at Piedmont(1/8th) run a 5.20. While I ran 9.1. Gave me something to think oh and that was 3 days after I had bought the car and one day after Mark Riley at Turbo Tune had done a complete tune up on a stock engine.

First TR

My first Turbo Regal was at age 16, which I am currently 16 :). I love it, wouldn't trade it for anything. It's going be a fun project car as I grow up in this rice'd up world of mine :p

flip said:
I have owned mine since I was 20 and im almost 33 now :D

old man. :D

Got my WE4 when I was a senior in high school at 17. Even took it to my senior prom. :cool:

Drove one to prom at age 17, had to have one, but never had the money-till age 24. Took me 3 years to find one and now age 29 finally happy.

Built my own.

When my grandpa died, he left me his 87 Regal (NA), which was my first car at 16. Put about 100k on top of his 40k it had before me. Got bitten by the turbo bug when I was 19 and the 307 was on its last legs. Transplanted a stock 42k mi 3.8 into it that winter. The body has seen better days (what do you expect from being a daily driver in NY State), but that may change since I have a real garage now. Im 27 now, so Ive had the car for 11 years, and my grandpa bought it new in 87. So its been in the family since new. My first car and my favorite!

I bought my '86 T-Type two years ago. I was 53 when I got it. Not our first Buick, but it is my first turbo car. Love it to death. :biggrin: I take it out every chance I get.

John

I bought mine 2 1/2 yrs ago shortly before I turned 27. Been driving my dads '87 since I had a permit. He's owned 2, an '84 & his current '87, both bought new. He's now 54.

interesting

I'm 23, I have built/owned several very fast cars....(traded a solid-roller cammed 409 sbc el-camino for this car actually).......This car is definately the most interesting car I have owned.

turbo limited at 22-------23 now :)

Was 19 when I first bought one. Owned 3 so far.I am 31 now :frown: Turbo regals are addicting!

I Remember Looking At A New G.n. In High School. Always Wanted One. At 35 I Finally Got One And At 36 # 2 # 37 A Couple Parts Cars The Shop Is Full :) :)

I giot my TR when i was 23 and still 23 I had g bodys in high school and always wanted a GN but changed my mind and got a TR becuase i can do anything i want to it becuase it not a GN.

my first car (16 years old) was a t type. Worked all through high school putting go-fast money into that car. "Boost addiction" is no joke, lol, It was more important to me to put my next paycheck in the gas tank and go looking for mustangs than putting food in my gut. After tearing up my second motor right after high school, I didn't have a dime to my name, basically a few changes of clothes, some tools, and my guitar. I let the car go with tears in my eyes to put a down payment on college and took the left over money and went down to the funeral home in town where I knew they had a old caddilac hearse tucked away in their garage and didn't drive anymore because it was way older than the rest of the fleet. I drove that old hearse for the next several years until I graduated college in 2000, and it never failed me once. I swore I'd never get a turbobuick, or any muscle car for that matter, ever again. But every once in a blue moon when I'd get a glimpse of a grand national on the highway, my heart would start pounding and I'd want to go chase it down and make small talk. I finally gave in last january. I now own a 84 and a 87 gn. Just the memories alone, from my "old days", that I get when I go out in the garage now and look at these 2 works of art, has made it worth going without for so long