Air inlet temp

10secvega

Did a search but didn't come up with anything.
Who's running a front mount and Direct Scan and is measuring there inlet temps between the intercooler and throttle body.
What type of sensor did you use and how is it mounted?

I'm running a Precision stock mount and I installed an Autometer intake temp gauge. I put the thermocoupler in the up-pipe about 4 inches in front of the throttle body. My temps run slightly above ambiant and it runs about 150-160 at WOT with 25 pounds of boost at the end of the 1/4 mile. I'v been told the turbo outlet temp at that boost is about 350. People running alcohol sometimes see below ambiant temps under full boost.

Im running an IAT sesonr in the intake and one pre turbo. factory GM IAT sensors work great.

Factory IAT sensor sealed into intercooler pipe. Measures between 80-110 deg F before the alky....

I don't measure the inlet temp, it is what it is.......usually it only raises between 10-15 degrees over a 1/4 mile run. Most runs were around 24psi or so.

Kevin, why do a search when you can pick up the phone? I have the adapter harness you need give me a call we were doing this in 1998 when testing CAS V4 and V4R on my TSS car.

With my CAS V2 and the sensor mounted in the up pipe about 10 inches in front of the throttle body, I see temps about 12-15 above ambient during normal cruising.

Made a blast one day out on the highway and with ambient temps in the low 70's I saw the MAT at 95° on that one.

Stock IAT sensor feeding the Powerlogger as MAT, 44 turbo, V2 fmic.