Air Intake Hose!

Nick Micale

Tech Advisor
Staff member
I have been doing some service work today on a stock 1986 GN which has lots of miles, but not hard ones.

The owner had a vacuum line come off and wanted me to check all the other lines, but on his drive here the car lost power and would not even do the speed limit?

After doing a few checks on the car, I was revving the engine under the hood and saw the stock turbo intake hose was being sucked into the turbo, and cutting off the intake air.

After removing the hose it was apparent it was trashed on the lower side out of sight, and looking inside the hose the liner was collapsed.

Simple fix, but the issue is then where the hell can you easily and quickly find a reinforced 3" flex hose?

I found a 3" flex hose at Autozone, but is was weird looking in the sealed plastic, but it went on the car like a charm!

I know this is not stock-looking, but the fit and function is great for the price and thought I would just pass this on for reference, and here is a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Spectre-Perfo...8&qid=1441833822&sr=1-1&keywords=spectre+8741

What IS a stock intake hose? Been 28 years since I seen one. LOL.

I use to use fiber reinforced fluid hose from NAPA. Green stripe worked the best. Now I'm sure some Chinese stuff will work, too.

I have a nearly new one from Kirban that was on my car for about 2 months and 50 miles before I went to a big intake. Send me a message if you want it.