Air intake mount?

turbobooster

Do the hotairs have some kind of factory mount that holds up the stock air intake tube near the MAF sensor and filter area? I ask becuz mine kinda droops down resting on top of wires and oil dip stick it's not an issue but was just wondering I I'm missing something thanx

Not that I know of, Factory the MAF connects to the air intake box. If you have a stock pipe intake( plastic) get yourself a metal or some kind of ABS intake> I have a spectre( autozone) intake pipe, Much better then stock IMO.

Sorry should have been more specific got the big mouth hotair cold air intake from his site and it's awesome

housing

There was a housing that mounted to the fender with a 90 off the top. It was small an didn't have a very large filter. looks like a square can with a spout and a flat piece of thin metal mounted to the side shaped like a triangle with bolt holes in it.

The air intake is held up by the maf...

The stock airbox has a mount that the maf bolts to with 2 bolts.

This is my dad's 85 designer series t-type

It is pretty close to stock, but it has a 86/7 maf bolted up and the holes are different and don't line up with the bracket.

Good luck,

Jerry jr.

IMO, the stock air box is junk. Get yourself a cone type filter, slap it on the MAF (dont descreen your MAF!) your done. The TR customs intake is very nice IMO, I had already made my own but if I knew about it I would have bought it :cool:

As for air filters, I will always say AEM dryflow brute force as 1st choice, K&N,S&B, Spectre are good also.

Another tip, if you do get a aftermarket intake, run the breather to the intake. Open breathers will be debated good/ bad. I don't like them myself after having mine oil soaked and cost me.

thanx waco84gn for those pics that shows me and explains the bolt holes in my maf sensor (thats what triggered my question) i dont have the stock air box i do run a 9 inch K&N filter with the factory intake tube but i do agree on replacing which i wll sooner or later anyway thanx