Air rid suspension

dump the bags

dump the bags and get hydros .trust me hydros are alot more fun bags to slow .I got a 85 regal with 4 pumps 16 batts 54 in almost hit n back bumper

Some people just want a variable ride height, and aren't concerned about bouncing around and such. Hydro's are a huge pain, there are way more concerns with installation and components like heavy azz batteries, and ride like a brick sh!t house. And with 1/4" lines it is plenty fast enough. On the other hand, air ride is simple and rides NIIIICE. I definately think neither belongs on a TR though, or at least one that sees track duty. Above all, the thing I like about my setup is it is AUTO LEVELLING to programmed ride heights via height sensors.
:cool: I will leave the bouncing around to the homiez and just cruise as low as the street will allow me with my air ride.

Thanks.

I want the slammed look when I am parked.

To ride low when I am hauling ass at 120+ on the highway. Right now, to much air is getting under the car at high speeds.

And to raise it up when going over train tacks, dips and when it floods.

Right now I have moog springs which lowered the stock height about 1 1/2" and 245/50/17 front and 275/40/17 rear.

I don't care about jumping up and down, just conveneince.

Stu, sending PM...

doh!:mad:
Forgot.

Well, anyway. Tell us all. What all is involved? What is it all about? Is the ride better or worse then with regular shocks and springs? Does it require extra battery power? How slow is it to fill up the bags? How much do the systems cost?

The ridepro which is the suspension components is about $500. The control portion of it is about $1000 up depending on complexity, but this will get a very nice COMPLETE setup. The hardest part is relocating the front shocks unless you go with the Shockwave setup (think coilover but bags instead of coils). The rear is a bolt in deal, the bags replace the springs and that is it. No extra battery power is required. It rides AWESOME!!! I could not get over it. The shocks are no different, they are conventional.
1/4" lines get to ride height in less than 2 seconds. Mine are 1/8 and they get the chunky bel air up in about 4 seconds. I got a crappy pump, which came with the Intelliride system but will get a Viair 400 soon. This system is not available anymore, probably due to complexity. The new auto system is a simpler pressure referenced system.

The difference is dramatic. Check it out. No recent pics though. sorry.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290323901

It don't go BOING though.
It ain't the Luv Macheen!
It is gonna be a bitchin mild custom though. No pillow upholstered steering wheels for me. Maybe a SBC stroker with EFI Weber lookalikes though.

Ok.

What are the "suspension components" that you get for the $500?

The rear shocks and springs stay where they are, and the rear bags go inside the rear springs.

You have to relocate the front shocks, "unless" you get the "coil over bag" setup. How much more $ is that?

What do you get for the $1000? Pump and controller and? Specifically.

So 1/4" lines go from full pancake to full up in 2 seconds? Wow! What is the lift height?

What height springs do you start with? High, low or in-between?

BTW, the '59 is my favorite. I will send you some pics I have. I couldn't view your pics becuase they wanted me to register first.

Suspension components: front and rear bags, brackets, shocks, hardware etc... suspension components. Control components: switches or controller, lines, valves, tank/s, pump, electrical etc.

The rear springs are completely replaced with the new air spring. New compatible shocks with the right travel are supplied.

Do not know how much the Shockwaves are. But they are like a coilover with adj Qa1's I believe. Nice. Expensive too I bet.

Lift and drop height varies from car to car.

Spring height..... hmm. They will supply the right size air springs with the right capacity. Then your spring height you start with is bumpstop dropped to bumpstop raised.

That is weird, set up my imagestation to be viewed publically.

Try this? http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290323901

I would say "check yours" but my email keeps getting bounce back from you.

Ironically, Horsepower TV did a show on bagging a 63-64 Impala this weekend. Of course, it was lame. But I only caught the last half.

Can you program the controller for different settings like:

1. On the ground, parked. Good for not getting towed.
2. Highway, off-ramp cruising. Just low enough not to scrape.
3. City. Dips and train tracks.
4. Flood watch. We get that a lot down here.

I ASSume you have full control over each bag, idependantly. Which me or may not be good for luanching at the track.

$500 sounds fine for the suspension stuff. But $1000 seems kind of high for the other stuff.

Originally posted by jsta6
I would say "check yours" but my email keeps getting bounce back from you.
Weird, I have plenty of storage.

Can you program the controller for different settings like:

1. On the ground, parked. Good for not getting towed.
2. Highway, off-ramp cruising. Just low enough not to scrape.
3. City. Dips and train tracks.
4. Flood watch. We get that a lot down here. [/B]
I have my 3 programmed heights like this, barely not scraping, ride height with 3.5 inches of susp travel, and high with 6 inches of travel which is pretty high, and a switch wired in to activate the exhaust solenoids to drop it on the stops.

I ASSume you have full control over each bag, idependantly. Which me or may not be good for luanching at the track. [/B]
Nope, fully automated, don't care what the pressures are, it just keeps the ride height regulated for me, low, lower, and low low. I could have gone for a four corner system with control over all, but I don't want to have to mess with pressures etc. My system is different, like if I want to stuff four fat chicks in the back seat it will still be the same ride height. :p Nothing wrong with a manual system at all, it is better in many ways. I just thought the auto thing is cool.

$500 sounds fine for the suspension stuff. But $1000 seems kind of high for the other stuff. Can you program the controller for different settings like...[/B]
You just have to put a system together that fits your needs.

www.ridetech.com
there is a forum too. HTH