Alcoholic Twins

turbofabricator

Ok guys I have finnally got the Buick running. I had a great time at TT, and wish I could have made it in my car. It was great seeing you guys (and gals) again. The car is an 87 T-Type with :
Girdled 109 block
stock crank/rods
TRW pistons w light pins
Twin stock turbos (new)
Twin stock throttle bodies (common shaft)
Twin Stock intercooler cores
6 Alky nozzles in plenum
Alky Control pump and controller
Ported iron heads (by me)
ported stock lower intake
fabricated upper plenum
321 stainless steel I/C tubing
321 stainless lower rad hose
218/224 hyd roller
1.6 roller rockers
wastegate in cross-over pipe
60 lb Motron injectors
Maf Pro (no MAF)
Extender Pro chip
stock ECM
Art Carr 3600 nl
battery in spare tire well

There's a TON of work that can't be seen but now the real work starts as in tuning. It should run a 16.5 @79 but might take me awhile to get there :tongue:
Ken B
"Happiness is Alcoholic Twins!"

Attachments

• Final completion twin turbo Buick 004.jpg
    Final completion twin turbo Buick 004.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 612
  • Final completion twin turbo Buick 012.jpg
    Final completion twin turbo Buick 012.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 586
  • Final completion twin turbo Buick 008.jpg
    Final completion twin turbo Buick 008.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 604
Alcoholic Twins cont....

A few more pics:

Ken B

Attachments

• PICT0058.JPG
    PICT0058.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 590
  • PICT0509.JPG
    PICT0509.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 564
  • PICT0512.JPG
    PICT0512.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 571
Alcoholic Twins Cont......

A couple more:

Attachments

• PICT0471.JPG
    PICT0471.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 570
  • PICT0490.JPG
    PICT0490.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 571
  • PICT0494.JPG
    PICT0494.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 574
You have done a really nice job Ken and im looking forward to going to the track with you before the summer ends :) Call if you need anything :smile:
I will trade you cars back now LOL

im lost for words,., very nice work... that is some excellent fab work

thanks!

:p Thanks for the complements. Now I just need to learn to do body work. The poor car has a dented hood, roof and trunk lid, and cracked header panel (both sides above headlights) and the aftermarket fiberglass filler panel on the drivers front is cracked. That will probably be a winter project if I don't sell the car before then. I'm interested in selling the car and ALL my Buick inventory to pay for my Turbo Ford 5.4 four valve project. I love these cars but the HUGE power from the mod motor is calling me :eek: I plan on installing it in a '71 Comet. But, right now I'm helping Dale (former GN owner) build his Ford Lightning to run in the 7's and it's nice to be working with new technology. The four valve heads on the Ford flow nearly the same as a stageII Buick head, and the two valve Ford heads flow exactly the same as stock GN heads. So the power potential is obvious. And the best part is.......I can buy Ford blocks ALL day long for a song ;)

Attachments

• PICT0557.JPG
    PICT0557.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 553
  • PICT0456.JPG
    PICT0456.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 553
  • 5.4 4 valve manifold.JPG
    5.4 4 valve manifold.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 524
Ken sorry we never got together with my laptop at TT, I'm especially sorry after seeing the pictures you posted!!!

That thing is friggin EXOTIC!

I heard some talk about Dales truck at TT...something about a huge turbo mounted behind the cab? Are there any pictures anywhere of that thing?

dale's truck

Hi Dave,
No pictures on the build of Dales truck as yet. It is now just an empty cab and bare frame. We meet with the chassis guy on thursday night to set a time table and details for the tube chassis. I don't want to go over too many details as they will undoubtedly change many times over before it's complete. But basically it will be an aluminum 5.4 GT block and GT 4 Valve heads and some sort of turbo set-up (he is leaning towards twin turbos as of now, but that can change based on HP target.) Turbo 400 trans. He is considering methanol as fuel choice, but again nothing finalized yet. He's hoping to have the chassis finished by December. If things go well, I will probably build my chassis at the same time. (want to buy my turbo buick inventory?) ;)
Ken B.

Hey Ken, Looks very good! If you need advise or a hand in your bodywork adventures hit me up.

Seeing double?

I don't know how I missed seeing this when it was first posted, but that is BAD-A$$!