ALDL connection

Bobtempest

Staff member
This might sound stupid, but where is the ALDL connection located on the TTA?

Thanks
Rob (Bob's Son)

When you're sitting in the drivers seat,....look straight ahead from where your right knee should be. There's a little rectangular cover there about 2" x 3". Pop it off and eureka!!

Yes I got it, thanks. But I am trying to connect Turbo Link & there is a black wire coming from one of the connection spots & I am affraid to disconnect this black wire. Would I cause a big problem if I disconnected this wire?

Thanks again
Rob (Bob's Son)

Originally posted by Bobtempest
Yes I got it, thanks. But I am trying to connect Turbo Link & there is a black wire coming from one of the connection spots & I am affraid to disconnect this black wire. Would I cause a big problem if I disconnected this wire?

Thanks again
Rob (Bob's Son)

Hmm,...which connector on the ALDL has the wire coming from it? Only thing I can think of is that somebody hard something wired to the ALDL either for a signal for another scan tool,....or they were using a terminal on the ALDL for power to something. Look at which terminal the wire is hooked up to and let us know, then we may be able to pinpoint what is/was connected to it.

Ok thanks for all of the help. The wire is connected to the top right connection. My car has a Scanmaster, but it was on it when I purchased it so I do not know if this wire is in link to it. Thanks again

Rob (Bob's Son)

Yep thats it.Youll have to T into it.If you disconnect the wire..your scanmaster will stop working.

Correction to previous post sorry...The aldl connector with data is pin E on the connector.Your scanmaster should be hooked up to this pin.When looking at it from the front...

Ill draw the letters to help you

F E D C B A
_ _ _ _ _ _

I believe connecting top rite A and top left F will do the torque converter lockup.Pin E is the serial data pin.And A or F is ground.This im absolutely sure of.

Julio

You know what you are absolutly right. I have a remote switch to lock it up. I never thought of it being my TC lock up. Thanks for your help.

Rob (Bob's Son)