alignment issues

miz

Heres the problem,this might be long and confusing.Took car to get aligned and was told to far out of specs to align.They camber is off.I have owned car for 6 years but only driven it about 4000 miles.In that amount of time I got alignment done 2 times and had to buy new front right tire.Wore on outside.Car has always felt fine.The last time I drove car last summer it started to pull real bad to the right all of a sudden.:confused:Since then I bought hotchkis steering rebuild kit.Now the wheel is upside down,steering off 180*,but car drives pretty striaght.Was in minor crash on right side before.

who installed the hotchkiss kit
the steering wheel being off means whoever installed it didnt have a clue ,

the wheel being off 180 also probably means the pitman arm is not parallel to the frame and the power steering is pushing the entire time the car is running

get the steering linkage rods reset so the pitman arm is parallel with the frame and the steering wheel should be centered with the toe in set to 1/16 to 1/8"

"too far out of spec "from an alignment shop usually is means control arm parts are worn bad or damaged
the steering kit wont help your alignment you need to look for bent upper and lower A-arms ,wornout bushings in those arms (passenger rear upper is common to be burned up on our cars) as well as the ball joints upper and lower
sometimes even the frame is the reason for out of spec and there are upper control arm shafts that have additional offset to correct for camber issues , if those shafts wont help you may need to visit a frame shop
here's a good write up
Wheel Alignment Explained - What is Caster, Camber, Toe In, Toe Out, Alignment - Four Wheel Alignment

thanks,heres a few pics.anything look out of place.I am going to order tube control arms/new springs.

Attachments

• IMG_4807.jpg
    IMG_4807.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_4799.jpg
    IMG_4799.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_4800.jpg
    IMG_4800.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_4801.jpg
    IMG_4801.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 109
Take a pic of the top of the upper arms. That will give us a better idea if you've got a bushing issue.

Did you pay someone to align it? There is no way in hell I could ever let a car leave with the steering wheel being like that :eek:. I would find a new shop to take it to. These cars are a PITA to get aligned, and most of the time if you take it to a shop its a toe n' go.