Alky Control and Powerlogger

esinger

Stroker Hot Air
Last week I ordered a Powerlogger and I should have it soon. My question is whether I can run any of the wires from the Alky Control to the powerlogger inputs. I understand that they both can use the 3 bar MAP sensor input for boost, but can I use any of the Powerlogger inputs to show maybe pump speed or injection level?

Just thought that graphing the alky injection could be useful in tuning.

Thanks

I'd ask Julio about the voltages on the pump and lights... Maybe something could be done that way! I did tap the MAP line from Alkycontrol kit to the powerlogger for boost..No problems..

I'd ask Julio about the voltages on the pump and lights... Maybe something could be done that way! I did tap the MAP line from Alkycontrol kit to the powerlogger for boost..No problems..

im sure there is an easy way to do it.

Well you need to have a flow meter if you want to monitor flow. It must be stainless and capable of both pressure in the lines and flow numbers. This type of device is in the realm of industrial automation, last one I found was by GEMS sensors and the sensor alone was over 200.00.

You cant monitor voltage as the pump is driven by PWM signal..

You can monitor pressure, Honeywell makes a 300 PSI transducer.. Newark sells it for 125 plus the harness is ~20 bucks. Then the scaling to the power logger needs to be done.

When I tell someone 200 bucks for a sensor.. all I hear is crickets. What can I say.. until there is a simpler/cheaper solution.. I have my eyes out all the time for these types of devices.

Yeah, $200 seems a tad much. I was kind of thinking about the bulb that shows "Power Injection". It seems to get brighter as the alky injection kicks in, but you would know whether that was a good indicator as how much methanol is being supplied.

Thanks!

Yeah, $200 seems a tad much. I was kind of thinking about the bulb that shows "Power Injection". It seems to get brighter as the alky injection kicks in, but you would know whether that was a good indicator as how much methanol is being supplied.

Thanks!

Yes but it goes wired across the pump motor electrically. If the tank was empty, it can lite up like a christmas tree and not have any alky in the motor.