Alky Kit

mred355

Hi Guys. I am having a heck of a time finding Methanol where I live. I need about 3 gallons and can only find it in 55 gallon drums. I live in Corning,N.Y. Anybody else in the area that can steer me in the right direction? Thanx in advance Ed

Is Woodhill raceway anywhere near you?

1524530335885.png

Here are a couple more, Sunoco outlets...... Best of luck, hope this helps.

1524530451114.png

You could always go to your local hardware store and buy denatured alcohol......... it will perform the way you want it to and just like methanol, the caveat is it costs about $15 a gallon. I had an Ace Hardware near me that was selling it for $7.99 a gallon for a while...... then they realized the error of their ways. :(

Still cheaper than a 55 gal drum that will likely loose it's punch before you use it up, though.

Good luck.

Would this work in a pinch?

View attachment 319929View attachment 319930

Might be expensive though.

Perhaps, but if he has a Razor's Alky Control Kit, I wouldn't recommend it.

I think many here will agree (if they chime in) that if he can't find Methanol, denatured alcohol will net him the exact same results he's looking for. Added octane to avoid knock, extra fueling under boost and the accompanying inlet charge cooling effect.

I have replaced one with the other on several occasions, I just don't mix them. If I need to use one, I drain the other and use the "test" button to purge and then re-prime the system.

BTW, there are a lot of gimmicks out there, and your post poses a question for me.

If the stuff you mention isn't already in the fuel lines when the car is parked and the user just dumps it in the gas tank, how's it going to help protect a G-Darn thing? I'm jus' askin'.

Oh, and I've made some STUPID rookie mistakes with my Alky System, just ask Julio........ o_O

Last edited:
A lot of the independent owned quick oil change joints need it around.
They make cheap windshield washer fluid.
O and if you find a drum with the race guys make sure they haven't added top lube.

You can use that heet in a pinch if you have to but why not just have a 5 gallon drum mailed to your house directly from vp?

McMaster Carr has it in their book...1qt. To 5 gal....

Mike
Screenshot_2018-04-24-20-20-55.png

Last edited: