alky questions

inkcushion

I need parts to go fast
I recently bought a smc alky kit and it does not seem to be working properly! here it goes with the questions,hopefully someone can help me with this! sometimes when I manualy spray the alky with the test button it doesn't spray or the light doesn't come on to show thast it is spraying? are you supposed to have pressure on the gauge on the bottle and if you are when is it supposed to have pressure? sometimes it won't spray when its supposed to ie I have it set for 10# to turn on and sometimes it wont come on at all??? If some one could help me with this I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance ALan

I'd call steve at smc and ask him he is a good guy he stands behind his product. I'm not sure what the pressure is suppose to be, but if it is not spraying all the time something is definetly wrong and you don't want it not spraying when your at 22 lbs of boost:eek:.

If that thing only works intermittently, I wouldn't use it. You could do a lot of damage with a kit you can't depend on.

ink..

Sounds like you might have some intermittent electrical connections. Recheck all your electrical and mechanical connections..make sure they are clean and firmly connected. Otherwise, give Steve a ring.

Are you sure it doesn't spray when you hit the test button? Like is somebody looking at the gauge, and it's reading "0"? Or is the light just not triggering. The light will only come on when the output is 30-40# or so. Mine is barely there (at a pump speed of 5.x) What's your pump speed? Have you messed with the small allen screw at the bottom of the gauge? That adjusts the light 'turn on' point, but I wouldn't hit that until it's a last resort. First of all, does the car stumble if you hit the test-button at idle? If it does, the alky is spraying. If not I don't know what to tell you, bad connection maybe. Good luck with it though! I had some bugs to work out, but it's running sweet now.

Check your ground! I thought I had mine properly grounded and had the same problem you had. I changed it and the problem went away.