alky timing

Bobs rare 6

Looking for opinions on raising1-2nd gear timing 2degs to offset 2#less boost than 3rd gear. Internal wastegate, so no way to even boost. Running 23/21 timing 26#boost1-2 and 28# in 3rd. No track to tune at and have a pesky supercharged mustang I beat last year wanting a rematch with unknown upgrades! I am thinking of bumping 1-2 timing to 25degs. TIA Bob.

Judging by your signature traction will be your limiting factor on the street. Is it a new 5.0?

No Its a 07-09 procharged 4.6. Iam on drag radials plus going from about 40. He went 12flat @118. I have been in the high tens @125 on 23#boost in the past. Wife and I put several car lenghths last year on him from a no brake boost roll. Obviously has done something over the winter to be so bold! Want to be on my game!

Make sure you have some Good , better yet new M/T drag radials.With that much boost in 1st and 2nd & the 28 in 3rd I'd leave it like it is and just hope the new DRs. Hook. If you roll off like last time you'll probably already be in 2nd gear so that much timing wont do too much good as you will be in 3rd rather quickly. If you do it from a dig instead of a roll I'd go down in timing in the 1st/2nd so as not to blow away the tires. Unhook the sway bar for better transfer then hook it back up when its' over. If your at the track which would be better Do what you said about 1st and 2nd timing. Thats a lot of boost on the street & dangerous.