All TR Owners Read **THEFT**!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to use the wrong word.

My policy is AGREED upon value. I spoke to my agent, went and got a new appraisal, presented the appraisal with pictures to my agent, had my agent view my car personally. My agent then wrote up the policy based on the appraisal showing the value we agreed upon and had me sign it. When I moved all I needed to do was show the new agent the car and the same policy just went from one state to another.

If my car (which would now need to be towed) were taken from me I would simply get a check for the value stated on the policy. I have asked this question many times and each time I am given the reply of "your policy states the value you agreed to and that we agreed to, your car is fully covered for that value".

This is with American Family and there are limits. The car is not street legal but does carry plates. I am allowed to drive the car to shows and to races along with car cruises. That is fine with me as I have a daily driver that is street legal and does not have blacked out windows making it an even larger cop magnet like the Buick. Plus, I live less than a block away from the police department. Nobody gets their car messed with where I live. The worst thing to happen to my daily is some idiot snagged on it. No biggie, car wash and thats gone.

Since its removal from Daily Driver service, I just recently placed my GN on my JC Taylor "Modified Vehicle" Policy at an "Agreed To Value"--as the other 3 vehicles on the same Policy are also listed/ paid for.

All JC Taylor policies, for either "Antique Vehicles" or "Modified Vehicles", are based on Agreed Upon Value ...Just wanted to mention another Ins. Company/option for us...

I just (literally a second ago) got off the phone with my agent that wrote my policy. With American Family its listed as a show car and to be able to obtain a show car policy the car must be at least 20 years old. You will need to get an appraisal with pictures taken by the appraiser and present all of that to the agent. To make it go quicker if you bring the car to the agent so they can see it in person that will just make it easier for them. Off the record this is an agreed upon value policy but officially its called a show car policy.

Let me tell u,look like they just try me because i went to puerto rico and the get in to my house and try to get my car,look like they dont have the time enought but they get all the music and stuff that i have around,now i have to paint my car complete because the crach the car too,so yes is all true.

Hate to bring this post back from the dead, but mine was taken in S. FLA. Thing is it was found 3 times and I always felt rapped. I was like damn that ahole sat here and maybe farted here too. That's a major reason I sold it back in 95.

With me looking at another TR, I thought this kind of stuff was over! Worst is I'm in S.FL still, (hate it). It'll be so hard to choose who gets the garage spot.

Thanks!

Insurance

Anyone have any insurance recommendations for my 86 slate blue t-type, I've been told it's worth about 6k it's a daily driver. I will kill someone for my baby. This was my dream car, most guys were dreaming about tt supras, ferraris, lamborghinis and porsche's, I was dreaming of gn's and all tr's...;)

Steps to take

In terms of small steps to take, I hear that a steering wheel lock is the best place to start. Haven't had any luck finding one at Kirban or on E Bay. Anyone know where to get these?
Thanks

I had a guy try to relieve my 91 lumina Z34, 1 of 30 with a 5 speed, (I have no idea why they wanted it that badly most people just think its just a lumina) with a rollback tow truck, the f#*ker messed up my front air damn. Well my Mosin Nagant M90/31 made quick work of a ford 7.3 powerstroke (actually went through the block and transmission) I love my steel cored soviet rounds. The guy was lucky that my gf was over that night, he would have been splattered all over his truck.

easy way to throw off thieves is to install a alarm that does not disable the ignition,then have the theft activated in your chip. so you lock your doors using the door lock on the door panel then use alarm. so if someone breaks in the alarm will sound they bust up your column and the **** wont start cause the chip.so let them bastards try stealing mine i just bought a new pistol just for them..

I had a guy try to relieve my 91 lumina Z34, 1 of 30 with a 5 speed, (I have no idea why they wanted it that badly most people just think its just a lumina) with a rollback tow truck, the f#*ker messed up my front air damn. Well my Mosin Nagant M90/31 made quick work of a ford 7.3 powerstroke (actually went through the block and transmission) I love my steel cored soviet rounds. The guy was lucky that my gf was over that night, he would have been splattered all over his truck.

That's terrible and yet awesome you stopped em. I have a Remington 1100 tac 4 loaded with slugs. I wonder what a few rounds of 12g slugs would do to a truck engine?

The sad part is those theives are likely members of this board. Karma is bitch!

So true

Never call the cops, they are only going to protect the rights of the criminals. If you tell the cops you are going to do something about it, the cops immediately tell you that you cannot do that , its against the law. If you do something about it the cops "WILL" arrest you, not the criminal. So, shhhhh... don't tell anyone just get er done. A very good deterrent for these scum suckers is to stomp, er, sorry, If they happen to have their hands on the rocker panel and you accidently shut the door completely shut, they might remember that longer than you do. hehehe

The said part about this is you are 100% correct. I never really dealt with the cops much, but I had a gun stolen a while back and I went to the local department to report it, needless to say I was arrested for not having my gun card on me:mad: Last time I ever go to the F**kin cops for help.

I had a guys start stuff with me and my lil brother a few weeks back and he said call the cops, I said yeah right. I laid the guy flat on his back, and I really hope he likes sucking meals thru a straw for a while;) Stupid low life gangbanging piece of crap, kept talking till he was shut up:eek:

If someone ever mess' with my ****, they better be on GODs good side, if they can out run my dogs, they better out run my AK, and if they out run that I am a great marksman with plenty of real life expirance to prove it;)

People need to be a part of society and get jobs and education or just get the F**k OUT

I really dislike thieves. As much as I would like to walk around with rosie colored glasses on it is a shame that you cannot have nice things in the world and people would like to remove your possesions from you.

None of these are new concepts. It is too bad we cannot go back to concepts that are as equally old. Like removing a thieves hands, or having a few moments alone with said thief if they were caught!

Although I am for human rights and what little we have left of civil liberties it is the perverting and distorting of our liberal society that has let these s-hitbags continue to exist. The ability to continue with little or no consequences has made it free game and propagated their ability to continue.

"Protection of life and property" has been changed to protection of life. I suppose me being a Millwright and my livlihood being tied up into my tools I can easily make a defence for wasting some theif in my garage. They were jeopardizing my livlihood, how I make a living.

Theives have always been around, the economy in its dismal state is only going to make things worse with the incresed number of crimes. The increased number of people who are under lacking character and integrity who resort to such behaviour. It has been the tolerance of our society that has enabled this behaviour with minor slaps on the wrist. It is, too bad people lack integrity and resort to imposing upon victims emotional scaring, in lost time obsessing about the attack.

Far as I am concerned I have obsessed about this happening and have resolved to the fact that "protecting my livlihood and life" is the utmost importance and would not hesitate for a minute to protect it with tooth and nail. I shall shed no pitty, no remorse, or tolerance to people who for lack of respect would care to tread on ones lvlihood.