Almost got the GN stolen!

GnTooFast4u

I've been traveling around Europe for the past three months, and I called home yesterday and got a lot of bad news. My father had been cruising the GN around every now and then since I've been gone and he started having some issues with it so he took it to some shop, Well they found out that the crank sensor was acting up so they replaced it but did'nt have time to hook it up (Luckily). Well anyways that night the shop left the car outside:mad: and some idiot decided he wanted the car more than us so he tears up the steering column to hotwire it, after finding out that the car would not start (thank God) he steals my radio, then beats the crap out of the trunk trying to get into it. I am really pissed at the whole situation because i bought that bigass steering column gaurd that for some reason was to much of a hassle for the mechanic to put on, and neither my father nor the mechanic pulled the faceplate of the alpine radio. At the same time when I think about how much worse it could have been I feel a little better about the situation, but it was my younger brothers car before he passed away and that causes me to want to kill the SOB that messed with it. The cops apperantly found fingerprints but i don't know if that will help any. I hope that bastard rots in hell.

Sorry about the rampage but just wanted to share it with you guys

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you had insurance on it to cover that type of damage.

It could've been worse - they could've stolen it AND ripped out the radio and beat up the trunk (that's what happened to my car).

Jim

Your definatley right, I'm sorry to hear about your loss, It just is so fustrating when you bust your ass for something and some one just decides to take it or damage it. It just really gets to me.

That sucks, I don't know what makes people think they can go around doing this.

I had a similar incident, someone tried to steal my 91 LX 5.0 and when they couldn't get past the column guard, they instead smashed every window out, stole CD player, subs, amp, CDs, my friggin bookbag for school.... To make it all that much worse, it rained that night so it was goodbye seats, carpet....

luckily they caught him and I'm still getting paid, I hope yours works out the same way.

Man it's good to hear that they caught him. How where the police able to catch him? I hope that catch whoever broke into my car. I've got a question, since the car was at a shop who is responsible for the damages, the Shop or me? Cause since I'm in Europe the car only has liability on it since it is almost never driven and I sure hope I don't have to pay for everything.

Originally posted by GnTooFast4u
Cause since I'm in Europe the car only has liability on it

Not good :( . That's the bad thing about liabilty, you're up the creek if somthing like that happens. I had an '85 Shelby Charger turbo burn to the ground after two months. Turns out the shady small car lot I bought it from put the wrong kind of fuel line on the car and one day it ruptured, spraying fuel all over the turbo. Car was gone in about 5 minutes :(. Took the guy to claims court, but nothing came out of it, and having only liability, I was fawked, and had to pay off a car that no longer existed.

And the shop wouldn't be responsible. Most places have a sign up stating that they are not responsible for any damage that happens to a car while in their lot.

Maybe your dad will help you with things, seeing as how he's partly responsible, for it being at the shop in the first place. I'm afraid to let my dad drive my cars, just recently he threw a cigaratte out the window of his NA '87 Regal, and it flew back in the window, landing on the back seat. He got home and went in the house. My mom looks out the window and asked him why the windows looked foggy in the car. He goes out to find his back seat in flames, put the fire out, and now has a charred, stinking 1' hole in his back seat :rolleyes: . He's just lucky my mom noticed it in time.

Sorry about the loss.

Hey everyone thinks about killing the bastards that fu(k up your stuff...but did u see on the news where the 23 yr old got 40 years for shooting these 16 yr olds?

These kids threw an egg at him while he was walking to work one day. So he shoots both killing one and permanently injuring the others lung.

Sometimes it's ok to think about it but never act on it is what I tell myslef. It's just not worth it no matter what.

Sorry for the lecture

I would think the shop would be responsible since it is in their posession for the repair. Therefor they're responsible for it. They're business insurance should cover all repairs. One of my friends was having the rear end fixed on his 1970 Buick GS and the ram air was stolen off of it. The shop is finding him another one and is buying it for him since it was stolen from the shop.

they found the guy that did that crap to mine because they found fingerprints and he had been convicted of theft before, they went to his house, opened the door, and my subs and amp were on the couch. They wouldn't give them back to me because I couldn't prove they were mine even though I had pictures of them installed in my car, but I got a phat settlement of $2400 and they have been garnishing his wages for about 6 mo. now :)

I would say just be very cool and calm with the shop and they might at least help out, since you are doing business with them.

Originally posted by GnTooFast4u
I am really pissed at the whole situation because i bought that bigass steering column gaurd that for some reason was to much of a hassle for the mechanic to put on,

Yeah that aggravates the hell out of me when you go through all kinds of trouble like column guards, kill switches, alarms, etc, and a mechanic blows all that stuff off.

I try to do all my own work, but one time I needed some work done on my posi, and the mechanics leave it outside, unlocked, with keys in the sunvisor :mad:

I guess you really have to be clear with people, or work with mechanics who understand the value of these cars.

Good luck with getting your car patched up.

Pete

Well I talked to my father today, from what he said it seems like the shop is taking responsibility for it, which hopefully is the case. I'm going to be flat broke when I get back to the States so, I hope everything is back in order when I get back. Hey Tom Tom Turbo, does´nt it make you feel good that the prick has to pay up for the damages that he caused. Hopefully that happen in this case, I´d love for that asshole to pay for this. And 2 QK 4 U, I wasn´t planning on killing the dude, just maybe burning down his house or something (I am kidding, please don't take me seriously). I'm also willing to bet that the shop will now be more careful with customer cars, tough lesson to learn though. Well I'll let you guys know how it all ends up.

My Exploder was broken into and they took a laptop bag. Luckily, there was no laptop in it. They punched the passenger side lock out. It was my wife's bag and she thought she had simply misplaced it. It wasn't 'til I pulled in the garage next to it that I noticed the lock was punched out.

They caught the stupid f*cks driving around with everything he had ever stolen in the trunk of their car (apparently they broke into a lot of cars) - including the bag. Everything was in it except for the only thing my wife wanted - a pen that was an anniversary gift from her company.

I didn't go after the scumbags for the $500 repair to the door. It would've been a lot of effort and the guys were a deadbeats anyway. The trouble with suing them is that they then know where you live - it wasn't worth it for the $500.

Jim

I dont know, some physical retribution would probably help dter things like this. Our justice system does not do justice. I have been 3 times in the last five years by uninsured drivers. It has cost me almost 15000 dollars to fix all the damages to 3 seperate vehicles. 2 Buicks none the less. I have never seen a dime from any of these low lifes and they are currently driving around with no insurance no jobs having a good old time and me I just got screwed. I beleive there should more justice.

It sucks having a car stolen, I had my a car stolen (see sig) and it really is a ****ty feeling; kinda like someone just pulled your heart out and started stomping on it. Your luckly still have the car. I wouldn't get your hopes up of them finding the people responsible. One thing that I learned in my experiance was that the police could really give to ****s less.