You can type here any text you want

Almost Rolled it Today

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
I almost rolled my truck this morning headed to work. I live in IL, so we have winter here and the roads didnt look to bad at all. I was headed down Interstate 80 on a straight path going 75-80 mph in 2wd. Out of nowhere, my rear end swayed 90 degrees to my right really hard and I was headed to the grassy/snow mix median. I counter steered it and rear went off the road and I was 90 degrees the other way and rear was digging in hard in the grass/snow. I looked out my DS window and saw the ground and realized how fast I was really going...Thats when I thought to myself ..."this is it, Im going over". I counter steered the other way and after a few more fish tails, I landed it on dry road with a big growling bark from all four tires. Looked down and seen I was still going 65mph after all this.

Got me really thinking about a cage in my car. It only takes ONE time to get out of wack and end up hurt or dead. Although, I have bags in the truck, It still would have been ugly at that speed. My TTA did 102mph in the 1/8 mile with the old heads. Im well past 80 in the bottom of 3rd, which I do all the time. Scary to say the least.

Be safe guys!

Lucky man ..

I too have been contemplating a cage, my wife is pushing hard for one!
I went 112.6 in the eighth in BG in TAI and she was not happy about it not having at least a roll bar.

Bryan

Lucky man. Btw, frontal airbags most likeley wouldn't even deploy in a rollover.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Be careful and god bless, all of you. And get a cage/roll-bar. It could be done nicely without butchering you car.

It is a 2011 Nissan Titan and I think it may have the curtain bags... Not sure. It has bags on the A pillars tho.
All I can think about is Scott's crash at the big end and how a cage saved his life. All it takes is ONE time and you won't get it back, or a do over.

We spend a bunch of Money to protect our turbos, paint, and motors than we do on the most important part of the car...... The driver!

didnt look to bad at all. I was headed down Interstate 80 on a straight path going 75-80 mph in 2wd. Out of nowhere, my rear end swayed 90 degrees to my right really hard and I was headed to the grassy/snow mix median. I counter steered it and rear went off the road and I was 90 degrees the other way and rear was digging in hard in the grass/snow. I looked out my DS window and saw the ground and realized how fast I was really going...Thats when I thought to myself ..."this is it, Im going over". I counter steered the other way and after a few more fish tails, I landed it on dry road with a big growling bark from all four tires. Looked down and seen I was still going 65mph after all this.

You probably don't want to apply for a NASCAR license....

Good save my friend. I had the same thing happen this year but not as bad going Christmas Shopping. Black ice under a bridge. I saw it and was prepared for it and I still got loose at 60 mph.

The cage or bar is a good idea but it will never happen in my car. Just don't want to alter the car that way and I know it only takes once but I don't run it enough to worry about it.

You probably don't want to apply for a NASCAR license....
I think you meant to say I should apply for a license....Even Tony Stewart would have had his hands full in this situation.

Wish I had a dash cam. You guys would have been proud of the driving skills with a little luck..lol

Been there done that. It truly is the definition of a come to Jesus moment. Sometimes the big man has other plans for us that keep us here on earth despite the known laws of physics. After I changed my drawers after my experience almost 35 years ago I vowed never to take chances on crummy tires. I change them out 4 at a time well before they are down to the wear bars. Not worth a crash. Just bought 4 for the wifes truck. Old ones not even down to the bars but they were no good for here in New England.

Lucky man ..

I too have been contemplating a cage, my wife is pushing hard for one!
I went 112.6 in the eighth in BG in TAI and she was not happy about it not having at least a roll bar.

Bryan

I'm in the exact same situation. Went 9.90 in limited in BG. Nothing but a seat belt and a helmet. I'm retiring the limited and putting a 6 point in my wh1 right now just for this reason.

Back