Alright, damnit!!

For sure I'm going to travel 800 miles to meet you and afterward see you in my rear view mirror even with the Juice, come on be realistic , would you come to Montreal and meet my little v6, I don't think so. Once I race a guy with his Mustang , claiming having 2 stage of NOS and running in the 10's. Well on 1/8 of a mile we put 5 cars on him with no sweat having my wife on board , he was alone . After the race he was crying that he had mist his shift 1-2 . No problemo , I was more than happy to restart . The second time was even worst , so he blame it on a bad Tune up and me having an AUTOMATIC trans , what a guy ! He was fast but not fast enough . I am sure you will meet some mean BUICKS and you will see what BUICKS are all about. Keep on working on your car and always drive it hard FASTDRIVER.;)

http://public.fotki.com/badgnturbo/my_cars/

Hey bud, relax, I wan't talking to you. I was talking to the guy above that post from maryland. I don't think that's too far away from NJ is it? I could be wrong, but I will be within a couple of hours from that track next year, and will potentially bring my car up there with me.

I certainly don't expect you to come 800 miles. I sure as hell wouldn't. That's why at the begining of the thread I was asking for someone in and around the dayton area.

Chris

edit: Nice pics, BTW

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding , by the way do you have any Pics of that fast Mustang of yours. Always glad to see pictures of Racers cars, to see what kind of set up they have and how they make it run so fast . Keep on posting ( Bud ), I like your style .:cool:

Originally posted by stroked347
buickfreak, wishes he was going fast with no class.
Perhaps, but you really have to work at it a lot harder than he is when driving a Buick. A Mus**** owner on the other hand you don't need..... eh, nevermind.

Did you say December 19th around Dayton, OH??? I live in Beavercreek but I won't race you. I have a huge problem with traction in the snow:D . What does your stang look like?-- I've probably seen it around. Besides, my car is too slow, Maybe you could get Bob Slusser to race you in his GN. Hey, it might be a fair run;) .

Ryan

So there's no chance of the roads being dry from DEC 19 - Jan. 5th?

As far as how my car looks. If you've seen it once, you've seen it a thousand times. Nothing in particular stands out. This is the only pic I've really got of my car and it's even about a year old. I took off the ponyless saleen center caps, which I added after my ponies were stolen, and replaced them with some pony center caps I bought off of ebay. So my 5.0 looks completely stock again :).

You'll have to copy/paste the link. It won't come up as an image here:

http://www.stevesvilla.com/videosite/uploads/shot of car with hood down.jpg

FASTDRIVER we need some engine pics , we want to see what's hiding under that hood. BUICKS guys are all about engines ,that's what we like ( HORSEPOWER and lots of TORKE ).;)

Hey nice setup , youre right about working the suspension . The key for success is TRACTION . You will have a good potent car coming up .

As I said before, I've already nailed a couple of 1.8s with the 245s and completely stock suspension, but I'm definitely going to get the 60's down there.

My goal in that department is 1.5s, and I don't think it will be hard to accomplish. Game plan: 26" slicks, MM LCAs, no front sway bar. I think that'll do it, but if not, I'll get some 4cyl. front springs. I've got a couple of buddies that have gotten 1.5s on this exact combo (actually, one was a 93 cobra which came with 4cyl. springs stock) only with 3.73s and a car that outweighed mine by about 150 lbs.

Chris

Originally posted by TT/A1233
update site

If you'll look just above the dyno sheet it explains that the run was made with GT40X heads, a different cam, and a stock cobra intake. Also, there were fewer boltons at the time. It was my first 5.0 combo.

Chris

Nice combo your going to love what those AFR heads can do, 'cept.... With those 4:10's @ 26" tire, your gonna be running pretty close to the stock limiter(6250) in the 1/4 in theory you'll be hitting it @ 115.69 based on your tire being 25.5" static. Real world exp for me is 114 mp with 4:10's and 26X9" tire. Meaning your gonna need an Extender to really see what those AFR's can do on a stock bore 302 with Nitrous. All said and done you should be running at least 112 mph on the motor. IMO if you want to fly save up for a 347 Stroker kit, gear it back, run those heads with Nitrous and Extender, viola! with proper fueling low 130's here ya come:D

Geoff

About trap speeds: A buddy with 4.10s and 26" slicks noses over just at the traps when it hits the limiter and gets 118 mph. I think I'm safe. If I'm not, I will be when I put the Tweecer in my garage to use and push that rev limiter back. When I go to nitrous, a 28" slick should make up the difference.

I don't really have the cash for a 347 combo, and with only 53,000 original miles on this motor, not to mention the cam and heads I chose, I'd like to stick this combo out - the 165s aren't be best choice for a 347 combo. I think I just might be close to 130s with a 150 shot, though. I think when I decide to spray that shot, I will go ahead and brace the motor a bit, though that's still within what a typical 5.0 will handle (mid-400s rwhp).

I'll be depressed if I don't get at least 115mph though. I don't think this will be a problem. I'm not going to bore you with ricer math, but I believe that the parts that have/will go on between my 109.78 mph run, and the next run should be more than enough to grab the extra 5 mph.

Chris

Fastdriver, my old combo was almost exact to yours. Except i had a 281hr cam. I was running 4.10's with a 28x9 tire. My lower intake was untouched. The ports on the heads compared to the intake was sickening, i definatly gave up some hp there. I wish i could post a pic of my 205's:eek: :eek:

Good thing the colors on this page are distinctive. For a second there I thought I had hit a Mus*ang message board. Flame away Mus*ang owners....