alternator pigtail

There are parts stores that carry a replacement plug for the voltage regulator connection which what I think you are talking about and could cause a no-charge condition which is what I think you are worried about and why you are posting and not getting the correct response to your question because there are actually 2 electrical connections to the alternator and the other guy thinks it's the 12 volt red hot wire that bolts onto the stud on the back of the alternator and could cause a no charge condition but I think you're asking about the plug in/push in connector which is the one I'm talking about which is for the voltage regulator and once again you can buy a replacement plug and fix it and no I don't have a part number for you.

HTH;), if not post a picture of EXACTLY which plug you're concerned about.

p.s. - I have fun writing that 10 line run on sentence and sincerely hope it's answers your concern.
p.p.s. - Darn, it's only a 4 liner after posting. Oh well.

thanx alot guys both of u gave me the info i needed and i am having a charging problem,i wasnt sure if it was a short.my battery doesnt have a charge the next day and when i checked the alternator i noticed the clip in the back loose.