Aluminum Bumper Reinforcements

PEACHS

Hi Members,
I wanted to lighten up my GN by taking some weight off the front end. Do any other GM cars beside the T-types ,86 Gns and 87 Turbo Ts have the aluminum bumper reinforcements that will fit our cars or interchange? Which cars would i need to look for in the Salvage yards.
Thanks Peachs:)

NA Regals will have them as well. You'll just have to keep looking. :)

Search A thread in Junk Yard Dogs Section, under core supports. From what I read there are many G-Bodys that these can be gotten off of.

Bumper S'ports

I gave up lookin (in yards) and then had some made out of alum. Local shop did em ... 4 new alum. (2 fronts and 2 rears) weigh about as much as one stocker. Re and re was easy and EVERY hole lined up BANG on.

Also litened up front by "Swiss Cheesing" the steel bumper backer. Lost maybe 5 or so pounds there. Now I'm lookin for a good f'glass or carbon fiber bumper to hang on the backer.

Bumper Supports

Thankyou all for your replys. I will have to try some of the local yards maybe next Sat. I have ran across several grand prix,monte carlos and olds cutlass G bodies. They had the aluminun supports. They did not look like the would fit! most of the regals had the steel supports 1982-1986.
Peachs:)